454 smal block windsor from cnc motorsports

• Sponsors (?)

I've never heard of them, but they could very well be a reputable builder. The parts list for that engine looks good, although it doesn't specify which heads you get. It says AFR/Trick Flow for the heads, so I would assume that means you have a choice? Are they a local company to you?

Isn't that a little large to stroke a 351? over 100 cubic inches? I would worry about durability myself, but then I guess if you barely ever drive the thing it would be alright, I have to say for that price though you could build a big block(460?) nicely(which wouldn't fit I know, unless you got a mustang II front end, or possibly an RRS notched shock tower+ coilover kit, either of which you could afford after building a big block easily enough...you would still end up with the torque you want with an engine that would be a bit more reliable(and an upgraded suspension to boot, if you went for the RRS stuff) that being said I understand you probably dont want to cut up your fastback to fit an engine, so I understand why this engine would appeal to you....there is always the other option though...build and turbocharge a 351w instead...you will still come out cheaper w/ the same power, plus better reliabilty and gas mileage(as long as you arent under boost anyway) or supercharge one for that matter

I guess I consider 13k too much to pay for an engine(thats four times the cost of my project so far, including engine, tranny, rear end, suspension and the car itself)

It's because they are big bore engines. I believe the dart block will go to 4.165 or so. Our 8.2 deck dart is a 370 with the 4.165 bore. Could of done a 3.5 stroke actually in it too if I remember correctly.