Stock shortblock 2V with N/A cams :nice:

101_0251.jpg

And overlayed vs my 57s @ 9.2PSI

101_0252.jpg

So I learned 3 things.

A. I need to put the 3.27s back in!
B. I need to upgrade my fuel system!
C. I need a retune!

Basically I was seeing 8.5PSI @ 6050ish on the second pull (not listed) where it put down 489RWHP (due to not revving it out to 6200). I didnt watch the boost gauge on the first pull so I would say MAYBE 8.6-8.7PSI. The dyno just wasnt loading the car down and it was building boost with RPM. I see 9.6PSI on the street @ 5500....so that means iv been running it at a good 13-1+ A/F on the big end :rlaugh: . If it would have got full boost, she would have made over 530RWHP :eek: .
I never even heard a PEEP out of the turbos....just no load there with the 3.73 gears and low load of a dyno jet. :(

BTW if anyone is wondering, we just put on twin T-61s. So thats teh only difference. Ill have pics up shortly.

Attachments

• 101_0251.jpg
    101_0251.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 101_0252.jpg
    101_0252.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Sponsors (?)

Alms for the poor, spare turbos for the poor:(
I think your making too much HP and should put the smaller turbos back on and give me the big turbos:D

Sweet dude:nice: :hail2:

Just give me a few weeks guys :D
Im going to go for 550RWHP on my next dyno trip. Ill get my fuel system all sorted out, then I think im going to start tuning her myself.(anyone ever use the SCT proracer package?)
Then ill kick the boost up to 10PSI or so and along with the 3.27 gears (so I can get full boost)....well hello POWA!

Oh and nope...keeping the stock motor. I dont want her to go because she will take my turbos AND my heads with her....cant be having that!
These motor are WAY stronger than everyone makes them out to be IMO...as long as there is no detonation they will be fine. Thank God that lean A/F didnt cause any....and to think I was just racing a friends pullied cobra sat night! And not to mention all the WOT pulls and rides I have given people...pulling to 6K-6200RPMs in 4th. Not good! Thanks for the intrest guys, so hang tight....there is more on the way :D

geez man ive been trying to catch up to your car ever since u went with stage 1 cams. then u went with TTs now u got bigger TTs and i just got a nitrous system lol. If you got some extra money lying around your house and u want to find something to do with it. you can always donate it to the Shawn needs a built block fund

Im on #4 so far! (since each turbo is considered a power adder) Do I win?

Thanks all! And dont worry....you all will be blown/N20d/turbod soon enough :D I almost thought I would never get around to it...but there comes a point where you just DO IT. You will be VERY VERY happy with your car....and then its just so easy to upgrade from there. Almost too easy :scratch:

its the PSI these motors cannot handle. with larger turbo's, you move more air at lower boost levels than smaller ones. this is why properly choosing turbos based on goals/setups is key, as in the above. with a mere 8psi hes making close to 500whp. i know for a fact most guys run 11-12psi on intercooled vortech or procharger setups and make barely 450 to the wheels while at that level, running their motors on borrowed time.

IMO even at 10psi with a great tune, youll still put down 100whp more than any centrifugal guy and put less strain on the rotating assembly.

Good Job! keep up the modding! are you going to try a different dyno next time?