4cyl Springs + new weight

Obsol3te

Jun 29, 2005
More than likely nabbing some 4cyl fox springs tomorrow.
Had my car weighed(each wheels weight)
And I believe it was around 900-950+ per front wheel
And around 600something for the rear.

Currently have 1.5" lowering springs in there, and some polyurethane spring isolators to try and jack up the front a little.
Don't have much clearance as it is right now, so if anything these can't fall any lower than the current springs i have in there now.

Any help?

• Sponsors (?)

are you asking if the 4 banger springs will lower the front more then it is already?
if so, then no they wont. when i did mine, the front dropped about an inch. if you have 1.5" drop springs in there now, the clearance will be the same or maybe even a little more since the 4 banger springs are only slightly shorter then the stock springs

I am because I can't have it drop anymore.
Unsure on how the stock stang really weighs in at too.
So I gave some weight figures.

Reason being is a heavier block, rims, tranny, bellhousing.
But lighter internals, heads, tubular k, fiberglass hood some accessories gone, and elec fan.
Battery in back too.
Bah ****it
Just going to get em, 30 bux aint **** :)

the 4 banger springs will be longer then the drop springs that you have in there now are. i have no idea what my car weighs so i cant help you there. it will depend a lot on the spring rate of the 4 bangers and the drop springs you have

I am in a little confusion about the weight issue you are adressing. Lowering or raising the car isn't going to effect the weight a whole lot, and the weight of the springs isn't going to be much difference. If you are so concerned with ride hight and weight, and considering getting a tubular K-member, why don't you just convert to coil overs?

What you want to change is weight transfer to the rear. The softer springs will help. So would a swaybar delete and some 90/10 struts. There is so much you can do to reduce nose weight.

I'm not saying it's going to add weight or whatever you're trying to say.
I'm saying I don't have much wheel clearance as it sits right now, because of my k-member swap.
And I can NOT have it sit any lower.
And i only said the weight figures to give you guys an example of how heavy my front end is incase it's "too much" for those springs. And makes it drop any further.

Obsol3te said:
Will they be too stiff to make any difference even if I did swap the fronts?
My opinion, "no". Any weight transfer will be better than none, I would think.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If you pull the swayber, put the springs, skinnies (OK, 4 cyl wheels:D ), I think it will help out big0time, esp. w/ those beefy new Mickies!!!