4cyl to 302 Conversion

Ive got a buddy doin this conversion and any more information on the swap would help out greatly. Does anybody here know of any good websites that cover this conversion, any information at all would be appreciated such as a link, or website, or any tips or tricks. Thanks for all your help guys

• Sponsors (?)

there are a lot of discussions on this topic in these forums. This comes up frequently. Have you tried to search the forums? I don't know of a "tell it all" website on this, but there is a lot of info on the web on this type of swap, if you try to do a google search, you may find a lot there.

The short version is make sure you have a donor car if you plan on going fuel injected. If you are doing a carb'd swap - its as easy as dropping in the motor and trans, finding a decent rear and upgrade fuel delivery & cooling systems.

If you have more specific ?'s, i can try to help you out, as i'm in the middle of the world's slowest swap myself. PM me if you are in a bind.

Thanks for your help, you know i never tried doin a search on here but im sure that would help. I have done searches on sites like google and have found some useful information.

We are goin to go with a carb setup simply because it is much easier than sticking with the fuel injection. Its coming along slowly but surely and i cant wait till its finished.

i'm sure ill prob end up asking you a few more questions before were through with it but thanks for your help again, it is greatly appreciated.

Im doing the swap myself right now, i havent found a guide for it. I've been searching around for the parts i need to stay efi and agree the easiest way is to get a donor car but i dont have the garage for 2 cars to be immobile.

00 Red SS said:
Im doing the swap myself right now, i havent found a guide for it. I've been searching around for the parts i need to stay efi and agree the easiest way is to get a donor car but i dont have the garage for 2 cars to be immobile.

i'm doing a 4 banger to 5.0swap rite now, but i have a donor car for the 4 banger so i know i have every part. I agree with red ss...easiest way is to already have a donor car and just swap everything from one car to another :D