4cyl to 5.0 Tranni linkage Questions

killacal

Mar 5, 2006
I am in the middle of a 5.0 conversion from an 89 Notchback. Does anyone know what the difference in clutch cable/ linkage is between the 4cyl. tranni/bell housing and 8cyl bell housing with 4 cylinder tranni? I ask because I just pulled the 4cyl. Bell housing off and bolted the 8cyl. one up realizing that the Linkage is completely different. Any pics of even just a 5.0 5-spd linkage would Help. I tried the search and found nothing. Also googled a bit and found nothing. HELP! Trying to get this thing done. but keep running into minor issues. Also I have the 8cyl clutch fork, The 84 ranger pilot bearing and so on to make everything else work, but am running out of money and wanna get this thing toghther. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Im using the 4cyl clutch cable. It fits threw the loop in the 8cyl one. But The linkaeg from the 4cyl bell housing wont fit the 8cyl one. I basically wanted to know Where the linkage mounts on an 8cyl bell housing/or if I can adapt the 4cyl linkage to work on it.

I think you car talking about the clutch fork right?

clutchfork.jpg

The long "bar" inside the bellhousing?

The above pic is not a t-5 trans, so don't try to compare it to yours. I beleive you need a 5.0 clutch fork for this swap

I have the 8cyl clutch fork and bell housing. The problem is that the 4cyl bell housing has the Clutch linkage where the clutch cable connects attached to it, and on the 8cyl bell there is no place to attach the linkage to. I was wondering If I could adapt this to fit the 8cyl housing, or if I had to buy the linkage off a 8cyl tranni and use that, adapting it to the 4cyl T5 somehow.

There should be a hole on the side of the bellhousing right in front of the clutch fork for the clutch cable to go through . There is a plastic fitting on the end of the cable that will allow it to rest there......I will get you a pic in a minute .

THANKS! I just had a brain fart and never thought of just using the cable. The pivot ball on the 4cyl is on the opposite side and requires linkage. This one doesnt even need the linkage. Beautiful!, thanks all!!!