4th-5th shift issue 3650

BooWFO

May 10, 2005
Louisville, KY
Ok I searched the forum and didn't see this one and wasn't going to go through the whole 3650 thread. I was having a little fun the other day and went to do a 4th-5th upshift and stupid thing won't go in gear till RPM's came down a little. I was at about 55-5700 rpm's. Anyone else have this problem? Is it common and yes I was straight into gear. Tranny makes no noises and doesn't have any other issues.

• Sponsors (?)

BooWFO said:
Ok I searched the forum and didn't see this one and wasn't going to go through the whole 3650 thread. I was having a little fun the other day and went to do a 4th-5th upshift and stupid thing won't go in gear till RPM's came down a little. I was at about 55-5700 rpm's. Anyone else have this problem? Is it common and yes I was straight into gear. Tranny makes no noises and doesn't have any other issues.

wait. I dont get it. Did u mean u were around 5700rpm's in 4th gear?
how fast were u going!?

lgndracer said:
In my car with 3:55s 5700 RPM in 4th is about 105mph.

And to answer the question, I have never had a 4th-5th issue. I do sometimes have some of the notchiness of 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd though.

:bs: LOL, 5800RPMs with 3.73s in my car is 115. 5700RPMs is 112ish. 3.55s will be around 120ish at 5700. heck 05 stangs have 3.55s and run through the trapps in 3rd gear at round 102 and 6K.

MGW shifter, 4.10's gears and real fast. Racing Circuit what's that, and yes I've grown up just not grown smarter..... Ok so it was just a fluke not some stupid sensor or block off or any of that other stupid stuff they put on cars.

hotmustang331 said:
:bs: LOL, 5800RPMs with 3.73s in my car is 115. 5700RPMs is 112ish. 3.55s will be around 120ish at 5700. heck 05 stangs have 3.55s and run through the trapps in 3rd gear at round 102 and 6K.

Hmmmm, interesting info. The numbers I qouted were from my origanal Saleen tune. Since the addition of the S/C, my speeds are higher at the same RPM as before. I have been working with shop that put it on via e-mail, telling them that my speeds seem much higher now at the same RPM as before. I am showing showing about 120 right now in 4th at about 6K, but when I track the odometer off the mile markers on the freeway, I seem to be about 10% fast, my odometer shows 1.1 miles between mile markers. :shrug:

Yea that weird. Maybe they flashed the computer with the wrong gears.....mine also shows 120@6K. Looks like they flashed your computer for 3.27s when you really have 3.55s. I would do something pretty quick as your just adding extra miles on your car.Its funny though, if they flashed your CPU with 3.27s, you will be reading high...but you shouldnt be showing 120@ 6K, you should be showing maybe 140@ 6K LOL. I really dont get it. If they flashed you with 3.73s then you would be reading low and would be about .9 in a mile. Its pretty confusing...personally I would have them reflash to 3.55s. I wonder if you car got differnt gears put in it from the factory, 4.10s would be 105@ 6K. Then if they flashed it with 3.73s you would be reading high, but showing 120@ 6K, and be reading about 1.1 in a mile.

I agree, it is somewhere in the programming. You never know with Saleen, it could have been off to begin with, heck I may not even really have the 3:55's I am supposed to! They are working on a new chip to send me now. I sent them all the tire sizes as well. I would think the Saleen's are a little smaller diameter than stock as well.

You are right about the milage, luckily though I don't have to drive it everyday.