4th at the end...

MarcoCapone

Aug 6, 2003
Is it normal that I have to go in 4th at the end of the 1/4 miles?!?!? My car is supposed to have the stock gear... By the ways I always trap around 101 mph (worst: 98.904 mph || best: 101.964 mph)....

And Can you tell me how to lunch properly on street tire?!?! Because I'm getting tired off my all time best of 2.227....

Thank for the help!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Seems like going into 4th at that speed isn't out of the ordinary. Do you have any mods to the car at all....engine...suspension? You spinning tires on launch? Heating them up any? How high are you rev'n it before launching?

I have no mods at all (still have the paper filter and air silencer)....

I'm heating the tire the best I can without linelock (I'll get one soon)...

I'm reving at maybe 2500~3000 rpm and I drop it from there...maybe I should slip it a little bit (going to try this next Time)...From there I got tons of wheel spin...After some time (almost a second) I finally grip.

40th GT: If i stay in third I hit the cutoff (I tried and I did 14.585 @ 93.770) It look like I cant go over 93~94 Mph in third...

crzyhrse99: 2.227 is for my 60 ft...And for the mods I only have a MAC cat back...And I never heard of a catback giving 2~3 mph.

If I had a different gear my trap speed would be the same as a stock one?? because I'm 100% sure that everything else is stock.

As far as the gearing goes have no clue. Never ran mine stock.
Now for launching on street tires. Try NOT doing a burnout. just a lil dry hop and see what that does. Also are you spinning outta the hole bogging just what is happening? Also might want to experiment with tire psi.
Of course you could just say heck with it and throw some slicks or et's on there and let it hook.

When I was at the track, I was right at the redline when I went through the traps, trapping 99.xx mph. I was like half a mph off from trapping 100mph. I had similar 60ft times as you, but I managed a 2.1xx 60 ft on my last run. I drive around the water box, street tires shouldnt have to be warmed up really.