5.0 badges on a 4.6 stroker?

• Sponsors (?)

See that's what I'm wondering.. I mean I get asked *all the time* "You got a 5.0 in there?"..

Now that I do (or will shortly) have a "302" I know that if I say "yes" to that question people will say I'm full of it.. Or if I had the 5.0 badges then some jerk would rip them off and trash my car.. Maybe rightly so.. But I don't know...:rlaugh:

Anyways, just throwing it out there..

Riley

I believe that it would confuse people as well, when people ask me if mines a 5.0 and I reply no it's a 4.6L they say " oh the little v6" and I say... well you get the idea... people are stupid enough without you helping them :)

Hmm, it's like a lose-lose situation..

People think less of our cars because we don't have a 5.0, but think even less of us if we say we do..

I can think of only one solution.. Stop caring what people think.. :nice:

Riley

yeah, people always assume mine has a 5.0, they don't even ask. Even the guy filling out paper work for my tranny build wrote down 5.0, I was like "WTF". Doesn't matter tho, i brought my tranny to them on a bench they didnt really get to see my car. Although i do hate it when you tell people it's a 4.6 and the go "ohhhhh" like they're disappointed. It's OHC and fuel injected you idiots!! what are you disappointed about, that you cant adjust the mixture at the christmas tree?

People that dont know much about stangs are so stupid that when they here that newer stangs only have 4.6's they automatically think its slower than a 5.0. I just purchased my first 5.0 the other day, & my little 4.6 Mach feels a thousand times faster. They dont realize that from the factory, most 4.6's are faster than 5.0's, but only in stock trim...

I wouldnt put 5.0 badges on your stang though....

People that dont know much about stangs are so stupid that when they here that newer stangs only have 4.6's they automatically think its slower than a 5.0. I just purchased my first 5.0 the other day, & my little 4.6 Mach feels a thousand times faster. They dont realize that from the factory, most 4.6's are faster than 5.0's, but only in stock trim...

I wouldnt put 5.0 badges on your stang though....

Really? a thousand!?

i dont see any reason why not. maybe not the actual 5.0 badges, maybe you can put 5.0 stroker or something.

if it confuses anyone, its not that hard to understand. "it was a 4.6, i buy stroker kit, now its a 5.0." If its a mustang guy in the know, he knows whats up. if its anyone else, they either think youre a ricer misbadging or that youre good at modding cars.

I thought about adding 302 badges to the shaker if I change the displacement. I'd actually like to find some in the same style but says 281. You think the saleen ones would be too confusing?

LRS-42528Y.jpg

053-150.jpg

shaker.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to do it. It is exactly as stated too complicated. You say 5.0 everyone automatically thinks pushrod. Then you have to go explaining it's not what they think and blah blah. Just put Supercharged on :D .

a kid that lives next door to my fiancee has an 02 or 03 gt. i did a doubletake this week when i rolled up to her house and saw his car parked on the street, where i noticed something different on his decklid. i had to go in reverse to make sure i didnt just see a vintage 5.0 emblem where the ford logo usually is. surer than ****, it was the old 5.0 emblem.

im pretty damn sure that thing is bone stock, non stroked.

even though no one needs my approval on it, i do not approve it.