5.0 Build

HJP0313

Jan 25, 2014
Jacksonville, N.C.
Hey guys. I picked up a TFS street heat upper and lower intake with 65mm throttle body, 24lb injectors, and a 70mm mass air flow programmed for 24lbs. I'm planning on purchasing a TFS stage 1 cam, twisted wedge 170 heads, Crower 1.6 rocker arms. I'm going with Crower because I want to use stainless steel. I'll also be doing an ARP head stud kit, trick flow premium gasket set, and a trick flow billet steel timing chain set. What do you all think of this set up? I was also wondering what I should do for a fuel set up? Such as fuel pump or adjustable regulator?

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like a nice setup. Personally I would go with 30lbers but you should be ok. What MAF- C&L or PRO M> You should also get an adjustable FPR- Kirban, and a at least a 155lph fuel pump. Youl will also need to check for proper pushrod clearance- trickflow sells different length ones. I think 6.72 are the ones you need but you should check. That is essentially the 350hp top end kit you have. Should net around 300 hp.

That's essentially what I'm building. Guy wanted $350 for the intake mag and tb and injectors. It's a cobra maf. I think I'm going to get a different maf and injectors. I'm also going to run bbk ceramic coated shorty headers with an off road h pipe and run 3.73 gears