5.0 clutch pedals or 4cyl clutch pedals

• Sponsors (?)

I do think that there is no difference in the pedals between the engine sizes, and by what you wrote it seems you do know the t5's are different, the 4cyl being weaker and geared a little different.

Stang951 said:
I know my clutch pedal sticks out farther than the brake pedal (went from 4cyl to 351W with Tremec 3550). From what I have seen the orig stds don't do that so there may be some difference.
So I assume you just added a clutch pedal itself to the auto brake pedal? Maybe the brake pedals on automatics are shorter than on standards so perhaps swapping both brake and clutch pedals would fix that. I see no reason why the pedals would be different from 4cyl to 8cyl and if the pedal itself is longer on either standard cars, I would wonder the reason for that. I could see the clutch pedal length being different than the length of an auto brake pedal, but as stated above swapping both pedals should fix that. I hope this makes sense to anyone reading it......I know what I mean anyway.:) If you MUST change both pedals to convert to stick than I guess this will make no sense at all.

Interesting info, I think I have a set of each, an 82 V8 set and 92 4 cyl set. I also have a set of Turbo coupe pedals. Never looked to see if they were different.

Going to use one set one day...

chobracobra said:
A 4 cyl pedal assembly has a shorter clutch arm than a 5.0. I can show you pictures, I bought 4 cyl pedals and my bbk quadrant did not fit.
Could you send them to me? I have a pedal set I got at a swap, I think it's from a V8 car, if there's a difference I'd like to know before I go and put them in.