5.0 Dump Setup?

dls322

Apr 4, 2005
Mt. Penn, PA
Quick question about dumps on foxbody's. I'm currently running stock headers, h-pipe, no cats, and flowmaster 2 chambers running out the back. I wanted to go with side exhaust, but heard people lossing power and no real side skirt setups. I'd like a more aggressive sound than the flowmasters, something that just scares other people. I'd like to get a full length header set up (on a mainly stock 302, 1 3/4" or 1 5/8"???). Then would i got into an h pipe then into some type of dump muffler?
Any help would be appreciated.

Rock on!!
:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

dls322 said:
Quick question about dumps on foxbody's. I'm currently running stock headers, h-pipe, no cats, and flowmaster 2 chambers running out the back. I wanted to go with side exhaust, but heard people lossing power and no real side skirt setups. I'd like a more aggressive sound than the flowmasters, something that just scares other people. I'd like to get a full length header set up (on a mainly stock 302, 1 3/4" or 1 5/8"???). Then would i got into an h pipe then into some type of dump muffler?
Any help would be appreciated.

Rock on!!
:nice:

Honestly, I know what kinda sound your looking for, and your not gonna get it from exhaust, you need a cam.

You can get Mac dumps, but they only sound decent with H pipes. My room mate has them on a Bassani O/R X and they sound horrible.

Get a TFS 1 cam, LTs, Mac proflow Hpipe, and Mac dumps and you will have the sound you want.

How do dumps affect the power range? Do you gain midrange? Gain upper? Lose midrange? A friend of mine had (If I remember correctly) E cam, Edelbrock heads and GT 40 intake and it sounded pretty damn good with 2 chamber and dumps. Big difference over full exhaust.