5.0 emissions

chargedpony

Jul 24, 2005
what emissions can come off the car and still be fuel injected. I have a smog pump eleminator pulley and I have taken the stock h-pipe off. What else is thereto take off? PLease help. What about the salt and pepper shakers.1990 mustang gt

• Sponsors (?)

the salt and pepper shakers are the ten pin connectors that control your injectors, read oil and temp and a few other odds and ends. you cannot remove them. did you plug the smog ports on the back of the heads upon removing pump and h-pipe?

its getting a 347 stroker with trick flow heads so im good there. Besides when I took the pipe off the heads it was already clogged with carbon. Im sure thats good for an enigne. the salt pepper shakers though. I have 4 of them tied in to each other. Do they all have to stay on? Anything else to come off?

There are sometimes 4 of them because in 1989 Ford issued a recall because the Engine's twisting action at WOT tended to loosen them up and cause problems.

If you have 4, you can remove the jumper harness and shorten it up to 2.

There are sometimes 4 of them because in 1989 Ford issued a recall because the Engine's twisting action at WOT tended to loosen them up and cause problems.

If you have 4, you can remove the jumper harness and shorten it up to 2.

I'm glad I read this post because I too have four of them on my car, been wondering why for some time now, just didn't ever try to figure out why, so I can just remove one set of them and be done with it?:shrug:

I've got nothing left of my emisions crap. i put a block off plate aon my egr (i know the egr doesn't hurt proformance i just don't want all the carbon build up from the egr in my intake) made a egr eliminator plug to tell the comp it is closed all the time the only code i get is 31 egr flow insuficant (sp) but no check engine light