5.0 Engine in 2011...

You must not be familiar with what Ford puts their engines through before they are deemed worthy. :rlaugh:

300 hours, WOT, fully loaded cycling between highest HP RPM and high TQ RPM. Several engines have to withstand that before Ford allows it to be used. :nice:

Woo hoo, I'm going to keep my car in second gear all the way to work today a 6200 rpm on the highway lol.

• Sponsors (?)

Please do discuss the better flow from the 3v heads vs the 4v..i for one dont think they flow better..
Posted via Mobile Device

Please do discuss the better flow from the 3v heads vs the 4v..i for one dont think they flow better..
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry, there was a discussion in 4.6 thats still going on with people arguing over every little aspect. I am a 4V guy through in through so I will only get a Mustang with a 4V now. BUT the new 3V when ported can outflow a stock 4v head and have greater velocity. Of course that changes when you port the 4v head. The discussion was what was the better upgrade and I think it boils down to what you start with. Dont throw 3v heads on a 2v GT and dont slap a 4v head on a 3v car. Just port what ya got unless you have a 2v, then go get some TF heads. :shrug:

OK...please humor the new guy here....I'm too lazy to search....much easier to get an answer in one quick post.....and it's the 4th and I'm drinking beer...

is the new 5.0 making 400 hp natually aspirated or blown?

Any speculation on when the 2011s will be available to order? When could you place an order for a 2010, Feb, Mar, 2009? Would it then follow that the 2011s would be about a year later?

I thought about waiting for the 5.0, but eventually ordered up a 2010. There is ALWAYS something new coming down the pike. You could wait forever. Besides, the 4.6 is a mature platform with zillions of mods to be had. The way Obama is running our lives, we will be lucky to have any V8's in a year or so. This "new" engine could have some issues in the first year........ So maybe I trade in when the 2012 comes around.

I thought about waiting for the 5.0, but eventually ordered up a 2010. There is ALWAYS something new coming down the pike. You could wait forever. Besides, the 4.6 is a mature platform with zillions of mods to be had. The way Obama is running our lives, we will be lucky to have any V8's in a year or so. This "new" engine could have some issues in the first year........ So maybe I trade in when the 2012 comes around.

A all new v-8 platform has only come along twice in the entire mustang lifetime.. ( not including the big blocks) They went from the SBF to the modular and now to this..

I don't think the new engine will have problems. I have seen several new engines get released since I have started working on fords 10 years ago and we never had a new engine come out that was bad..

WELL except the 6.0 diesel.. when it came out that thing was crap but thats a navistar product

A all new v-8 platform has only come along twice in the entire mustang lifetime.. ( not including the big blocks) They went from the SBF to the modular and now to this..

I don't think the new engine will have problems. I have seen several new engines get released since I have started working on fords 10 years ago and we never had a new engine come out that was bad..

WELL except the 6.0 diesel.. when it came out that thing was crap but thats a navistar product

I don't think they ever really got the old 3.8L engine right either. Even with the updates we still had them in for head gasket at our dealearship on a regular basis.