5.0 Harness For 67 Mustang, Who Is The Best

Fordaddict

Nov 9, 2014
Just finished building my 351 Windsor to install into my 67 with a t5. I have a A9L computer from a 5.0, and lightning intakes so that I can use the fuel injection setup on my 351w with the 5.0 computer. I have already wrangled larger injectors, and decided on a Moatz Quater Horse for tuning once I get it running.

Question is, who is the best to use for a wiring harness for my needs. I have a factory harness, but the more I read I think tearing it apart to build to fit may be a little more work then I want to put in. Hoping someone has done something similar and can get some reviews and feedback on who sells the best system for this, as there are about 10 on the market.

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

I have done several 5.0 HO swaps. A 54 truck with an AOD, a 40 Tudor Sedan with an AOD and my current car which is a 73 convertible with a Tremec and Cobra upper end. The truck was a stock harness and a PITA because I had to lengthen several components (i did use the 91 cluster and saved some time and money there). Don't mess with clip failures, old wires, hard to find fusible links, etc. The 40 had a Ron Francis kit on the body matched to a Ford Racing injector harness. Served me well, a bit pricey, but it looked great. I have a Painless full kit on the 73. More economical, the instructions leave a little more to be desired, and quite frankly, I would rather run wires to each location separately, rather than having them bundled. I ended up snipping a bunch of the zip ties. BUT, the connectors are all high quality as are the wires.

If you want to LEARN how an auto electrical system works, go Ron Francis
If you want to "plug and play" and don't have a lot of mods to wire up, go Painless
If you want to save money, don't care about appearance and can troubleshoot, use a stock harness.

And ground it everywhere you possibly can.