5.0 HELP MEEE

bboyshack

Feb 10, 2007
OK this my deal i have a 1992 5.0 LX but I think my heads are cracked but my cousin just crash his 2003 Cobra and I want to know.. if i should put those heads on my engine?

I sorry its a 1996 Cobra not a 2003

• Sponsors (?)

What makes you think your heads are cracked? It takes quite a bit of effort to crack an iron head and more than likely your head gaskets would let loose long before that happened. Does your cousin's car have GT40 heads on it? If so, then it'd definitely be worth it to swap those on over the factory E7 heads, regardless of whether they're cracked or not.

yeah no chance in hell you could consider putting a dohc engine's head on a pushrod motor its like puting a square block in a circle hole, it cannot be done.

and i agree with the above cracking a head isnt too common i dont think and its hard to doand very rare with an iron head, if your having coolant leaking and power loss i'd check the head gaskets

heads really only have warping problems and thats more on the alum head side, alum heads can warp easier , but iron heads are pretty durable and its hard to destroy them

If it is a 03 cobra it's a 4.6 supercharged dohc motor, like stated totally different, won't happen. i would follow the advice and have a test done, plus heads for the 5.0 can be had for cheap. if you want to stay stock and worse case is one is cracked get a used one have it rebuilt, decked and put it on if money is tight if not hmm well now there are options. dig further before jumping the gun that the heads are shot.

bboyshack, can you make sure you hit the "Reply" button and not the "Report post to moderator" button. I just got two of your replies in my email box as reported posts!

2003 cobras are 4.6L modular cars and '93 cobras are pushrod 5.0's. You might as well ask how to put a honda civic head on your mustang.

You can swap the entire engine in, but it's tricky.

www.modularfox.com