5.0 Mustang GT...Need more Power?

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Hi Just instaled a wet 100 shot Nitrous Kit to my 87 Stang and she has some real good Juice but need more. The engine is stock 302 and was wondering what other addons i could do to get a good bang. I recon im geting around 325HP (give or take) but i know that wont get me into the 6 secs for the 1/8 mile. Help what do you guys think?
Matt Nassau Bahamas......:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Heads, Cam, Intake, throttle body, exhaust?

There's a ton of stuff you can do with a stock 302. It depends on how much money you want to spend.

Nitrous is the cheap way to go fast, but if you want to go fast, you are gonna have to spend $$$

MUSTANG5L5 thanks but if you can point me down the right road for a first timer it would be alot of help what Head / Cam do you sugest i already have Headers.
Please any advice that has been proven would be gladly apreciated.
Thanks Matt Nassau Bahamas:nice:

Im sure you coud benefit from some fuel upgrades with that 100 shot, fuel pump, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator would be nice for the engine. Then you can really do what ever you want like bolt ons. The engine may benefit from an exhaust with the nitrous.

Well is the car your daily driver or weekend driver? Is your main goal making it fast in the 1/8th mile or do you plan on running it at some 1/4 miles(I'm thinking they don't have them in the Bahamas) Is it automatic or manual? If your want a good 1/8th car, first thing you're going to want is some good 4.xx gears and some drag radials or slicks

Money is not an issue but would rather not spend my life savings lol:lol:Best Bang for the Buck.
Its a Stick 5 speed. Have instaled a 255lph pump and has headers along with a cold air intake. EGT safety module for the Nitro shut off, MSD 6AL ignition, MSD 3 stage Retard, Mallory Promaster coil, MSD Distributor, MSD 8.5 mm wires Autolite Plugs gaped .25.Still SD and have the MAF to install but not to crazy over the MAF. Thats about it.

Also the track here is only 1/8 mile and i dont think they will be upgrading any time soon. I dont think they have sponsors at all, I think The BHRA depends on public sales of admission fees / Dink sales etc. and any and all donations will be gladly acepted. The Racers build their cars and run them for braging rights as i havent seen to many Pinks allout here in Nassau lol even though that would be cool.:rolleyes::nice::nice: Tell Pinks Allout that they are welcomed to Nassau Bahamas, it would be cool and good for the growing association.

There are some fast cars here believe you me and im not talking about my car. They are realy up there in HP and fast times. 1/8 mile times from high 4's to low
6's.:nice:

All info on my Mustang Build up would be appreciated. Its my first time and i want:nice: to get up there with the big boys.

Well if you don't have emissions there, pull all that crap out to save yourself some engine drag and weight. Get an o/r H or X pipe for starters, then get the rear end gears and sticky tires. If it's just your drag car, pull all the interior and sound dampening out that you don't need, remove the front sway bar, put some 50/50 shocks in the rear and some 70/30s or 90/10s up front, you'll probably want to buy a torque box kit on too, that's a good start for under $1000. Oh yeah...short throw shifter