5.0 Runs Without Fuel Pressure?

Racer219

Jul 14, 2015
Mesa AZ
Okay, I know that if the engine runs, and keeps running, then I must have fuel pressure. I have two fuel pressure gauges, one at the carb and the other at the the regulator. The one at the regulator is a sender to an electric gauge in the car (I also have a sender for an indicator light there too).
I have a fuel cell in the trunk, an Aeromotive pump plumbed up to the Aeromotive regulator in the engine compartment and a return line back to the fuel cell. 3/8" steel supply line and -6 Aeroquip "blue" return line.
When I first connected the lines to the fuel cell, I made the knucklehead mistake of connecting the "return line" to the pump and the supply line to the "return fitting" at the tank. (This is my first post and please note, I said knucklehead). Once I figured out why I didn't have fuel pressure, I swapped the connections.
Now the engine runs and continues to run but neither gauge reads fuel pressure. Before I knew I mixed up the connections, the engine started and the gauges had readings. I had leaks, fixed them then discovered the error at the fuel cell (because I couldn't get fuel pressure).
Can connecting the lines to the fuel cell wrong screw up both a mechanical gauge and electric sender?

Quick background: 1983 convertible. 5.0 with GT40 heads, 500cfm Holley 2bbl, long tube headers, mild cam, roller rockers, Dura Spark ignition. Track car, Chumpcar and other budget racing series car (World Racing League, Lucky Dog Racing)

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the Forums, and Stangnet! This is normally not the place for technical questions, but you may get an answer here.

I'll leave the technical issues with another more knowledgeable person, as I think I know, but it's been too long since I've been that deep into those kinds of things.

What you can do is find the Forum for your model of 'stang, or another more fitting forum, and post your question there. I doubt many of those who could answer this question will see it here.