5.0 vs 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
irvgotti said:
You have a point there but sales dosent mean anything...when i think of mustangs i think of performance...and when they dont perform then its a disapointment..sales dont reflect on performance cause i see alot more v,6's out there

The Gtech is more proof and accurate then your exaggerated stories
what experience u have with a g-tech do you even own one

Well take a look at the ones that actually drive mustangs. College boys and girls, older women, older men, grandma's, grandpa's, etc...

It isn't just those who like to go in a straight line.

So when you drove a stock 5.0L...were you impressed with the "performance"...if so...you will like the 99+ that much better...;)

v6's are cheaper for people, cheaper to insure, cheaper payments, same looks for those who want that...

Your not to good at this and don't think too in-depth...

• Sponsors (?)

irvgotti said:
The Gtech is more proof and accurate then your exaggerated stories what experience u have with a g-tech do you even own one

:nonono: You honestly think Gtech is an accurate measuring tool?

You never anwered my question. Have you ever driven a 99+ Mustang?

You guys are clearly not reading or understanding what i type....my argument was that the 4.6 is not a significant improvement over the the 5.0...IN PERFORMANCE.......where do's sales come into performance......READ BEFORE YOUR WRITE or type

its more accurate then saying that a stock engine fox with mm susension mustangs...can out perform cars...that are in supercar status

irvgotti said:
You guys are clearly not reading or understanding what i type....my argument was that the 4.6 is not a significant improvement over the the 5.0...

300+HP out of a 281 with a much stronger bottom end isn't an improvement? :shrug:

The 4.6 may have had a slow start, but it's slowly coming into it's own. Remember that the 5.0 is based on 30+ year old technology. The 4.6L is 14 years old, and already makes more HP/TQ than any 289/302 ever did. The latest 4.6's are putting out about 320HP N/A. I'd say that's pretty good.

irvgotti said:
You guys are clearly not reading or understanding what i type....my argument was that the 4.6 is not a significant improvement over the the 5.0...IN PERFORMANCE.......where do's sales come into performance......READ BEFORE YOUR WRITE or type

Lol, now you are rephrasing to make yourself look better...don't get weak on us:nice:

The mpg argument isnt a good one since many foxes get 30mpg on the hw, I did even before I rebuilt my engine. The reason I prefer the 5.0 over the 4.6 is the low end tq which I find fun on the street... I think its the same for many others as well.

emagdnim said:
The mpg argument isnt a good one since many foxes get 30mpg on the hw, I did even before I rebuilt my engine. The reason I prefer the 5.0 over the 4.6 is the low end tq which I find fun on the street... I think its the same for many others as well.

You do have a point, the 5.0's torque comes in so low that it makes it fun to drive in the street. There's just no waiting simply hit the pedal and go. With the 4.6L you need to pisk the right gear because under 3000RPM it doesn't have anything. However the 4.6L shines out on the highway especially if you can wind out the gears.

emagdnim said:

Show me some...and show me one that has the correct speedo gear with the matched driven gear;)

Your not going to get much accurate readings past probably 25-26mpg...

So is 2,000rpm fun on the street? When I go WOT, I go past 3,000rpm...it isn't much fun below that...torque/hp is low.

you really think your car got 30mpg and ford motor company could not get that out of it...and they over estimate.....and if you really think u can slap on a MM suspension package and go mess with a lambo porche or a ford GT in the street the your a bigger fool then i thought you was

5spd GT you have alot of posts but I wonder how many of them are duplicates..? It seems like your always going on about the same rant over and over for the past two years lol. I think its time to retire as the official defender of the 4.6 in the 5.0 forums or at least move onto a different subject we get your point!

I just want to add one point before the thread gets locked.. there is a difference in the seat of the pants feel between the 5.0 and 4.6 even if your above 3k. I just took my buddy for a ride in my car tonite and he says "Wow I just rode in a 2005gt and I swear this car will kick its ass". I know this isn't true but it was the low end tourqe and the seat of the pants feel that makes him think this.

emagdnim said:
I just want to add one point before the thread gets locked.. there is a difference in the seat of the pants feel between the 5.0 and 4.6 even if your above 3k. I just took my buddy for a ride in my car tonite and he says "Wow I just rode in a 2005gt and I swear this car will kick its ass". I know this isn't true but it was the low end tourqe and the seat of the pants feel that makes him think this.

I agree 100%.

emagdnim said:
5spd GT you have alot of posts but I wonder how many of them are duplicates..? It seems like your always going on about the same rant over and over for the past two years lol. I think its time to retire as the official defender of the 4.6 in the 5.0 forums or at least move onto a different subject we get your point!

This is the talk section...no count.

I just display the "other opinion" on things...problem?:D Just use the ignore feature if you don't like me...so you don't see "rants"...and "copycat post"...;)

You going to show me the 30mpg car that has the correct speedo gear/driven gear to give an accurate reading?

irvgotti - The MM packages help out the 5.0L greatly...

Status
Not open for further replies.