5.0 vs 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
FastDriver said:
I'm not going to read all of this thread, but here's my input.

The 01 you're talking about is an automatic. It's probably not going to run any quicker than a 14.5 with a good driver. If you've got a fresh 5-spd 5.0 GT, you should be able to do that with a good driver. If you buy a notch or you put a just couple of minor mods, a stock auto '01 does not have the advantage.

I still believe that an LX notch 5spd 5.0 is every bit as quick as any 4.6L GT before 2005. A 5spd GT 5.0 is not, but so long as it's running right we're only talking an average of about .4 to .5 seconds - a huge margin for pros, but not much of a margin on the street. In this specific case, the auto 4.6 negates that advantage.

Chris

Chris go check out the thread I made in 4.6L Talk a few days ago...they are running faster than 14.5 stock:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

irvgotti said:
25thmustang said:
Irv it sounds like you base a lot of what you say on what you think. QUOTE]

Ive been stating over and over that i base my observations soley on what i WITNESS<<<---{keyword}... if u read carfully maybe ud understand better.....like your little buddy here your twisting things ive have been stating to promote your bias ways.....i was not told nor read or hyped up too...mustang entusiat has been hyped up and lied for so many years with disapoinments and ive learn to see to believe.......

that red 1999 cobra is not my car i have drivin it to get a feel for it...and yes i WITNESS <---(theres the key word again) in the street a Infiniti G35 and a nissan 350z tho lost give hell to my friends 99 cobra...that shouldent happen...remember this is a "COBRA"...the nissan maxima tho didnt beat that cobra but it was closer then we both expected and for a luxury car to creep up alittle it 90 MPH was alittle suprising....the evo and wrx at my workplace tore a new a-HOle to his cobra wich i expected itto ........and as of 5thgen Z28 camaro's beating the 99 cobra's i think everyone in the world knows that so well keep that out of it .ive even seen huge 95 impalas stand strong on him (most likely worked) but noneof the less still a ego shifter.....once again my fox body budies represented and redeamed the mustang name and defeated the wrx and evo (highway and drag) and camaro's <---Drag only----the fox body is still depended on to represent ford mustang after all these years... weather u build it for drag or handeling it represents with athority and still demands respect..while the hype of the 4.6 still fluries im still wating to be impressed as many others...

second test was my stock brakes on fox and the 99 cobra and yes it did stop shorter about 10 feet ...like i said i would take it back and so i did

Get a better driver in the 99 Cobra, or check under the hood and make sure it isn't a Fobra:) Also, if the cobra is only braking 10 ft...get it checked out...that is not accurate...

10 feet was a round about figure we didnt have a measuring tape...we did the foot measurment.... ive know the 03 cobra to have 390 flywheel HP but ive seen ppl swap the SC for a kenny bell twin screw and that kicks ass ...but i didnt ask if they got bigger injectors or intake and stuff

5spd you make it sound like having those cars beating the 99 cobra is unreal....and you making the 99 cobra sound like its like some sorta supercar .the fact is its fast but not like kick ass fast....
you should see how those cars get disrespected....without a SC it aint nothing ramp about...it hasent done nothing a fox hasent done already...

your forgetin about the disapointing buyers who felt they was robbed

But u know what the 99 is the better car off the back..ill admit that....

but like i said previously it aint nothing to write home about

I realize why I cant follow half of what you type Irv... You cannot form complete senteces or spell to save your life. This is basically you typing a paragraph, please rearead it, and make it legible.

Like I said, you base it off what you think, and that comes from what you see. Thats all nice and well, but the ONLY thing you could possible base off that is straight line racing, and having seen more than 3 bone stock foxes, and bone stock 4.6s race. My guess is you probably havent seen them on the same day, with the same drivers, to be able to compare how they stack up to each other. Then we talk handeling, and again Im sure you havent seen 3 bone stock versions of each go out on a slolem and roadcourse, to be able to accurately compare. As with braking, same deal, without having a bunch of test cars with the same drivers and conditions, your not bringing anything valid to this...

This is why we use magazines and tests to prove the 4.6 cars in bone stock form are that much better than the 5.0 cars in bone stock form. Your opinion about them not being that much better for the amount of technology difference, well thats you. Ford doesnt have to impress some guy who is never going to buy a new one, they dont care.

You claim Mustang enthusiasts are blinded by the love of the car to not see that they arent that much better. I feel enthusiasts are the hardest critics. They know what the older cars have, do and perform like, and expect much better from the newer ones. Enthusiasts might be biased, but are a much harder critic when comparing older versions to newer versions, but not so much when comparing Mustangs to other cars.

Swarzkopf said:
You nitpick WAY too much. He has an INTAKE- BFD.

Show me a 8-10lb, stock motor (including intake) SOHC 4.6 with 390+ RWHP.

Lol, you got convienent amnesia when you posted those numbers. Some like Irv Gotti will read that and tell everyone that you can get 400+rwhp with 8-10lbs of boost. That isn't even close...you'll get much closer with a piheaded 4.6L. Check out the 4.6L Tech section for the numbers you requested...;)

irvgotti said:
10 feet was a round about figure we didnt have a measuring tape...we did the foot measurment.... ive know the 03 cobra to have 390 flywheel HP but ive seen ppl swap the SC for a kenny bell twin screw and that kicks ass ...but i didnt ask if they got bigger injectors or intake and stuff

5spd you make it sound like having those cars beating the 99 cobra is unreal....and you making the 99 cobra sound like its like some sorta supercar .the fact is its fast but not like kick ass fast....
you should see how those cars get disrespected....without a SC it aint nothing ramp about...it hasent done nothing a fox hasent done already...

your forgetin about the disapointing buyers who felt they was robbed

But u know what the 99 is the better car off the back..ill admit that....

but like i said previously it aint nothing to write home about

The 99 Cobra is decently quick in my book...not fast at all. It will destroy your stock fox:)

Look the 4.6 beats the 5.0 stock, bottom line.

But who keeps that ish stock anyway?

5.0 is cheaper and easier to mod, in the long run.

But they are both cars and they both have engines that MUST obey the laws of physics, besides, once the wallet is thrown at it, you can do anything you want; it doesn't even matter after that. So, choose based on aesthetic taste.

25thmustang said:
I realize why I cant follow half of what you type Irv... You cannot form complete senteces or spell to save your life. This is basically you typing a paragraph, please rearead it, and make it legible.

Like I said, you base it off what you think, and that comes from what you see. Thats all nice and well, but the ONLY thing you could possible base off that is straight line racing, and having seen more than 3 bone stock foxes, and bone stock 4.6s race. My guess is you probably havent seen them on the same day, with the same drivers, to be able to compare how they stack up to each other. Then we talk handeling, and again Im sure you havent seen 3 bone stock versions of each go out on a slolem and roadcourse, to be able to accurately compare. As with braking, same deal, without having a bunch of test cars with the same drivers and conditions, your not bringing anything valid to this...

This is why we use magazines and tests to prove the 4.6 cars in bone stock form are that much better than the 5.0 cars in bone stock form. Your opinion about them not being that much better for the amount of technology difference, well thats you. Ford doesnt have to impress some guy who is never going to buy a new one, they dont care.

You claim Mustang enthusiasts are blinded by the love of the car to not see that they arent that much better. I feel enthusiasts are the hardest critics. They know what the older cars have, do and perform like, and expect much better from the newer ones. Enthusiasts might be biased, but are a much harder critic when comparing older versions to newer versions, but not so much when comparing Mustangs to other cars.

OK you are right about one thing i dont have a bunch of test cars...but u know what the track drag, autocross and road course is my testing area and a area where i observe cars real life perfromance....as i said before...i dont care about what a pro driver pulls out of a car or magazine editor types it up to be.....i care more about what is most common...so yea there might be (example) 1 guy out of a bunch that can get a 13.7 out of a his stang...but if i see most of them are in the 14's then i will safley assume its a 14 second car

i think your mustang enthusiats theroy is totally incorrect.. more and more mustang enthusiast all read about what the new mustang has and all the great new additions and they know all the features about it and get all hoowww haaahhh.buy the car and get them self a subscription to MM&fast fords and read that phoney crap in there and swear noone is gonna beat there mustang..not paying attention to the bigger picture and understand the mustang has barly been able and/or havent been ableto keep up with its competitors in terms of PERFORMANCE and todays demands.Example gas prices are soring you would think ford would try to ansewr the ppls call for better efficiancy no they put out a heavier mustang with the same old engine with a new look and still havent addressed the issue of having one of the worst back seats...naive mustang enthusiast are plenty and everywhere...Also i feel comparing the mustang to other cars is a more important comparison..cause if a fool pick's a car for its name and spend big money on it..and get embarresed from other cars in its class and/or under its class (95- 2001) regularly and probably around the same price or worse yet cheaper he isent gonna feel to good anymore what is he gonna do race other mustangs only, that aint that fun...

and no ford is not trying to impress a guy like me....cause they havent been able too in a long time..there focasing on bias enthusiast and women...

scraping the four link setup is a big move for ford they should have done it along time ago...

and if u cant understand what i type...then then jump off and read your owners manual....and save me the Bull****t, because boys shouldent be in a mans conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.