5.0 vs. LT1

• Sponsors (?)

The 93's LT1 had iron heads, smaller valves (I think), speed density, as well as a few other setbacks compared to the 94+ LT1's.

It will probally be a good race. BTW: LT1's usually are neglected due to the dificulty to do simple maintence. Opti-spark ignition sucks.

Yeah, I figured he had the power advantage, but being an automatic and a few pounds heavier I couldn't really tell. Not being cocky but my car runs great for what it is. Pulled dead even with two 99-up 4.6s albiet, I think the more modded on had a ****ty driver.

03: 4.10s, Mac CAI, Bassani X, Flowmaster 40s This one has good driver, but only runs 9.0s on drag radials. Dead even.
00: 4.10s, K&N, Steeda timing adjuster@16(pings like hell, and he won't listen to me), BBK longtubes, Mac offroad H, Magnaflow catback Claims to have run a 9.0 Don't believe him though. He pulled a fender on me. He also has two 15s in the back.

Both 5speeds.

I'm with gearbanger...drivers race.

I had a buddy with a 93 lt1. I have never seen an engine last so long (still going) with the beating it has taken. The most ragged vehicle I have ever seen...ever (at the engine)! Still runs roughly HIGH 14's. Auto

A4 ='s automatic.

m5- he is referring to manual 5 speed

a4- he is referring to automatic 4 speed

It depends on how many passes you have done. IF your confident, youll win.

I had similar race, although it was against my markviii, and u BETTER believe i won!!! :OT:

I have confidence in the mustang. I had a friend that had some work done to his lt1 f-body and I ran him when I had just pullie and exaust and I won.

keep in mind those 4th gens wheigh upwards of 3700lbs without driver

NutCase - Those weights are inaccurate...they are around 33-4400 lbs without driver. Driver plays a big a part. It don't matter what mods are done (to an extent) to a car, but the driver has got to control it and shift the car correctly. I've beat faster cars than me but the driver wasn't so competent. So I don't go around saying I beat this kind of car. I beat the driver. Big difference.

5spd GT said:
NutCase - Those weights are inaccurate...they are around 33-4400 lbs without driver. Driver plays a big a part. It don't matter what mods are done (to an extent) to a car, but the driver has got to control it and shift the car correctly. I've beat faster cars than me but the driver wasn't so competent. So I don't go around saying I beat this kind of car. I beat the driver. Big difference.

Its nothing but the truth.