5 lug conversion....is it worth it?

joem1cha3l

Sep 19, 2005
I think we all know how limited we are when it comes to rim selection for our fox body mustangs. So i figured i had two options, dislike the exterior of my car which includes ( 15" mag rims, 3.5" stormin normin cowl, saleen wing) or do the 5 lug conversion and put 17" or 18" Chrome Bullit rims and a 1.5 Inch Cowl hood on the car.....is it worth it? please let me know what you think and if youve seen a fox body with the bullit rims on it.

• Sponsors (?)

There are quite a few foxes on here that have bullits on them. I think ford should have put them on the fox to begin with. They look like they should have come stock.

Aside from wheel selection you also get better brake options. Running discs in the rear, upgrade to a cobra 4 piston caliper .... several different options. I say it is worth it. I got my bullit rims for a decent price and I am almost done putting together my 5 lug conversion kit. I just need a few more things. Besides wheels and tires I will have spent less than $400 on the parts I need for my conversion.

Aarons%20car%20003.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

bobs_wheels.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

dscf0005.jpg

Here's a good thread to look through. Tons of 5-lug wheel options on Foxes

joem1cha3l said:
thanks alot.;....do you have the link to the thread witht he 5 lug wheel options...thanks

If you do the SN95 Brake swap, you can choose any factory SN95 Wheels. If you convert any other way, your wheel choices will be much less as you wont be able to fit the center caps on certain wheels.

Car RamRod said:
I did a fivelug conversion on my car. It was well worth the money in looks, and the braking is phenominal compared to the old crap.

Its amazing how good the car brakes after the conversion that it does not even feel like the same car!