5 lug conversion question?

BRADY5.0

Dec 24, 2002
NEW JERSEY
brothers is selling a kit for the front and rear for about $200 each. does anybody think they are worth it. i do not want to spend $1800 for the cobra kit they offer nor do i want to junk yard hop to find the parts the cheap way! just would like to know advantages or disadvantages with these sets.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Why don't you tell us what it includes? And what wheels do you want? We can't give you advantages or disadvantages about the parts because we have no idea what they are :shrug:

The cheapest way would be with Mark VII front rotors, and ranger axles/drums in the back, the front rotors will limit your wheel choices though.

BlackFox5.0 said:
Why don't you tell us what it includes? And what wheels do you want? We can't give you advantages or disadvantages about the parts because we have no idea what they are :shrug:

The cheapest way would be with Mark VII front rotors, and ranger axles/drums in the back, the front rotors will limit your wheel choices though.[/QUOTE
Excellent reply. I too have some input having just done this a couple months ago.

Ipurchased a 5 lug kit for about $500. I installed a set of bullet wheels and had to use a 98gt Spindal and rotor to make the wheels fit. The rotors that came in the kit would not fit my new wheels spacing. My advise is to investigate before buying.

BRADY5.0 said:
brothers is selling a kit for the front and rear for about $200 each. does anybody think they are worth it. i do not want to spend $1800 for the cobra kit they offer nor do i want to junk yard hop to find the parts the cheap way! just would like to know advantages or disadvantages with these sets.
thanks

88GTStreetRod said:
Ipurchased a 5 lug kit for about $500. I installed a set of bullet wheels and had to use a 98gt Spindal and rotor to make the wheels fit. The rotors that came in the kit would not fit my new wheels spacing. My advise is to investigate before buying.

I had the same problem, I was pissed!!!

here is apicture of my ride with the bullets

BRADY5.0 said:
thanks

88GTStreetRod said:
here is apicture of my ride with the bullets
Yea, me too!! :nice: :nice: Dude, where's your picture?
415844_11_full.jpg

I got sn95 spindles and hubs from a local junkyard for 70 bucks and everything else i got off ebay and did a whole cobra brake conversion for about a thousand bucks.I got the rear caliper brackets from north cobras for 120.I believe the website is mjbobbit but not sure it is something like that when i find it i will post it but that will tell you just about everything you need to know and differant ways of doing it.I put 17x9 polished cobra r wheels with 245/45 in front and 275/40 in back and the only problems I have are on the front control arms on full turns and inner fender a little over bumps but my car is lowered almost 2 inches.

You get what you pay for.

The $200 kit only gives you one extra lug at each wheel. No braking improvements and limits your wheel selection.

The 1800 kit will make your car stop as fast as a 911. and you can use most all OEM wheels.

I would just go ahead with the SN-95 equipment with full 4 wheel disc brakes, better master cylinder and all. The SN-95 has a more powerfull system because it is heavy, and on a fox, it will really make a difference. It really sucks having to buy new wheels if you have wheels you already like.