5 lug conversion

drk

Aug 27, 2006
It's time to my brakes to be replaced, but instead of just putting new rotors and pads, I'm going to go with a 5 lug conversion... I do have some questions (yea, I've done my reasearch).

I can't afford to do the rear discs just yet, so a rear drum kit from latemodelresto will suffice. From what I've heard this is a pretty easy bolt on kit. No modifications to the parking brake, no new master cylinder, no prop valve, correct?

I plan on running some cobra calipers in the front with some healthy sized disc brakes (to make up for the drums in the back). This is going to be a street car, so I don't need strictly racing items.

I need to fish around for parts, but what do I need for the fronts?

spindles, hubs, calipers, rotors, pads... What else? Do any of these parts need to come off a specific year to be compatible with my 92 and the cobra calipers I plan to use?

Thanks guys...

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going to put cobra disks up front, you'll need to do the prop valve mods, and possibly a new master cylinder and booster as well.

A a mininum, you'll have to gut the stock prop valve and run an adjustable

i have an 86 fox and wanna do a five lug conversion i have the rear kit and dont have any plans to switch the front brakes at this time as they are new pads a calipers. i heard that using 88 ranger rotors will bolt up on stock spindal and you can use stock brakes and pads. my goal is to put 94-04 bullitt whells on it....any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks guys.... the new guy!

If you are going to put cobra disks up front, you'll need to do the prop valve mods, and possibly a new master cylinder and booster as well.

A a mininum, you'll have to gut the stock prop valve and run an adjustable

you do NOT need to gut the valve or run an adjustable one for front cobras only, you WILL want to get a bigger cylinder and booster though, along with a 3-2 port conversion.

when you go rear disk, thats when youll need to do proportioning valve mods.