5 lug E brake help

JAA55

Mar 14, 2007
ok so i went 5 lug, and now i need Ebrake cables, from what i researched you can use a 93 cobra cable on my 93 GT so i ordered them from 5.0 resto and i dont see how they are going to work? does anyone has any info on this?

• Sponsors (?)

You can go to Ford Racings Web Site and look up the M-2300-K Kit Directions and you will find the P/N for the 93 Only Cables along with the Center Cable and how to modify your Parking Brake.

Have you received the cables yet? The 93 cars have a bracket in the driveshaft tunnel above the driveshaft that the cable ends fit into, and then they go out to the wheels. The stock center cable with the equalizer that connects the two cables together is replaced with the adjustable cable and the parking brake handle self adjuster is defeated (cut out and welded up). Like Shaker said, look at the instructions and read this website - it has some good info:

http://www.mustangcentral.net/tech/brake.html

If you somehow don't have the tunnel bracket, then you might have a very early 93 car with the 87-92 cables. I've read of a couple of guys with that situation.

yes that was a great link, lots of info and pictures heres my problem, mines an early 93 and i dont have the provision for the ebrakes mine is the older 87-92 setup
im missing this.........
ebraketunnel.JPG

Well then, you have two options. Acquire the above bracket from a 93-04 Mustang and install it in your car with the 93 Cobra cables, or go with the FMS 87-92 Mustang M-2809-A cables instead of the 93 Cobra cables.