5 lug front swap question

Would an extra lug make that much differance? The easiest thing would be just getting stronger 4 lug axles. I've already got a brand new Motorsport 28 spline 4:10 set.

I'll be cranking around 500 hp.

if youre sticking with welds, theres really no reason to go 5-lug. most people do it just for the better brake options and classier new-style wheels. for a drag only car, 4 lug will be fine.

• Sponsors (?)

those are M179 cobra r rims, or any rim with a 6.5" backspace and a 36mm offset incase anyone was curious

m179's are not available anywhere but ebay any more, and backspace/offset are for a 9" wheel. wheels for a s197 are close to these specs though, and can be found in 10 and 10 1/2" widths with the correct offset. again just in case anyone wanted to know, but it can be a bit tricky.

m179's are not available anywhere but ebay any more, and backspace/offset are for a 9" wheel. wheels for a s197 are close to these specs though, and can be found in 10 and 10 1/2" widths with the correct offset. again just in case anyone wanted to know, but it can be a bit tricky.

There is a company that makes a replica wheel in the same dimensions, when i find it i will post it up

I went with the 5-lug conversion from 50resto. Then got the Weld Prostars 15x8 all around. The only issues I had were the front rims were not clearing the stock calipers and dust caps. I had to get 1/8" thick spacers made from a machine shop.