5 lug Q.. probably alreadybeen asked but...

HarleyFordFan

Jan 4, 2004
ok my '88GT is getting changed to 5 lug this weekend wether it likes it or not. now my question is if i use '97GT hub, rotors and calipers can i fit my 2000 GT wheels on my car? do i have to use the '97 spindle or can i put the '97 hub on my '88 gt spindle? if i have to use the spindle from the '97 is it a bolt on deal or do i have to modify it? please help me. is the dust cap and the bearing housing (or whatever its called) on the '97 equipment going to clear my wheels? i know this is a problem with some of the dust caps and those bearing housings...

• Sponsors (?)

I believe all 5 lugs mustangs have the same lug setup. They should work with the 97 setup. BTW ive done the 97 cobra fron conversion and its so easy. Such a good mod.

you have to use the new spindles. not exactly sure why but i think you need to use 94-95 spindles. i did the conversion on my car but bought the kit from ford racing.

You need the '94+ spindles. The hubs will not work with your '88 spindles at all.

94-95 spindles will keep the stock wheel track, 96+ spindles will increase the track 8mm per side.

WIth an Sn95 setup, there is no need to worry about hub clearance, your wheels will mount fine.

Of course if you plan on changing to 5L this weekend, you really need to find some SN95 spindles fast