5 lug Rotor hats for 87-88 T-bird rear disk setup

93 LX

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2000
Norwalk, CA.
I have seen it posted here during the many 5 lug conversion posts but I can not seem to find the perticular one that has the information about a 4-5 lug rotor hat for the T-bird rear disk setup. The picture showed the rotor hat having like 7 holes with 2 elongated holes. Can anyone help in this?

Thanks..

• Sponsors (?)

I don't understand. Are yo looking to swap over your turbo coupe 4 lug disk brakes to a 5 lug disk brake? If so i belive the SVO or the Mark 7 rear rotors. Are you running the stock mustang 8.8 with turbo coupe rear brakes or does it have the whole turbo coupe rear axle?

Five lug Turbo Coupe conversion:
Use the 94-98 axles Mustang axles. Use 1990 Mazada MPV 3.0 V6 front rotors (10", 5 lug x 4.5" pattern, 2 7/16" offset ). While you are at the auto parts store, set a TC rear rotor side by side with the Mazada rotor and they are the same except for the offset.

The next step fixes the offset problem:
Use a Maximum MotorSports 1/8 spacer (MMWS6, Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension ) between the inside of the rotor and the axle flange. The spacers may need to have the OD machined to fit properly. The stock rotor offset is 2 5/16" and the Mazada rotors are 2 7/16" offset. The 1/8" spacer puts the rotor back dead center alignment with the calipers.

Here you go... I remember raising this thread back from the dead.

http://forums.stangnet.com/662433-how-do-i-convert-my-turbo-coupe-rearend-5-lug.html

The Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing rotors are $63 each. $126 + shipping. Shipping two rotors would probably $20, so it totals out to be $146 and some change.

The Mazda rotors are under $30 each, and I have seen them for $20 each. The MM spacers are two for $30 + $9 shipping. So the entire package costs $99. That saves $41, which most of us could find a very good use for.

Well I am just getting information ready for when i make the switch to the MK-7 fronts along with MK-7 LSC rims. I am not sure how I will handle the rear yet so this is just information gathering.

Thanks.....

Axle question. From what I gather here the SN95 and TC axles are the same length. What about MK7 axles?

If you dare to use the Lincoln Mark7/SVO axles, they are 1 1/4" longer than stock. You will have to run special offset rims in the rear with 8 and 9" wide wheels. Some of the OEM 17x8s on the Saleen mustang work, but it is tight. You will need to do some major fender rolling here in the rear to clear things.

That info was from here
http://www.svo73mm.cjb.net/

...And on top of that the rotor will not line up with the TC caliper with MK7 axles.

Very true. Also you can do what i did and search high and low and find the 93 Mustang Cobra R rear axle shafts and rotors. I found mine in down town detroit from some rather shady people. I did'nt know of any parts stores that ran there bussiness out of the back of a very old chevy van untill that day. :shrug: