5 lug / suspension parts finally collected

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
It's not that hard, but you'll need to take off the caliper. It's gonna be tough as hell to do on the car.

The CObra caliper I did with VHT spray caliper paint. I did a few coats in red, let it dry and then used a small brush to paint the COBRA in black. Other guys tape the COBRA lettering very carefully and then paint the caliper and peel the paint off.

The Mach 1 calipers i did using the Duplicolor brush on paint. It worked pretty well and was easy since the Mach 1 caliper lacks any wording.

thanks man... if i ever get the chance ill prolly end up doin that~!! Good looking out

38 i beleive, i wouldnt know tho... id have to look at them infront of my face, there cover'd and locked up in the garage but ive been goin out there during the day to clean up under the hood i guess i could measure them... i was getting ready to start the Hand break cable here soon! so while i got it in the air ill prolly just paint the one's i got...

90mustang_GT5.0 said:
38 i beleive, i wouldnt know tho... id have to look at them infront of my face, there cover'd and locked up in the garage but ive been goin out there during the day to clean up under the hood i guess i could measure them... i was getting ready to start the Hand break cable here soon! so while i got it in the air ill prolly just paint the one's i got...

Do you know what year car they are from? The earlier ones are 38mm and the new ones (03-04) are 40mm.

Easy way to tell if they are the 38mm is to look at the pistons. The 38mm piston bores are ribbed while the 40mm piston bores are smooth and thicker. If you can't see this, you might be able to reach around and feel

View attachment 427544

Also, this shot with the measuring caliper is the 38mm pistons compared to the 40mm pistons (what the measuring caliper is opened up to). The 40's offer slightly more clamping force It's not much, but i wonder how much of a difference there actually is :shrug:

View attachment 427546
View attachment 427548