5 Lug Swap - Shopping For Brake Pads/shoes/discs/drums

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Dunedin, FL
My son's 92 5.0L vert had a 5 lug swap done by the previous owner. It has drums in the rear and discs up front. I need to buy new drums, discs, pads, shoes...what year should I be shopping for?

Thanks!
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Lincoln rotors and the drums off a ranger.
I don't remember the years off hand, but if you search ranger axles here you should find the answer.

And no there wasn't a 5 lug option back then.

Shoes and brake pads are standard 1992 mustang stuff.

The drums are off a mid 80s ranger with 2.3l and 7.5" axle

The rotors are 87-92 mark 7 LSC rotors (or 84-86 svo mustang)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks guys...OK, can you follow me through this list of parts to be sure I am getting the correct items? I'm shopping at www.discountbrakes.com (see the individual links below)
Thoughts / Concerns / Any other parts that we should replace while we're in there? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

I just pulled the trigger and bought all the parts listed above.

On a budget (I'M paying for my son's repairs) so the SS lines are out, but it would have been a good idea...

I'm actually having the local Mustang shop do the work. My back and neck were injured when the idiot pulled out in front of me, totaling my black 02 GT in 2008, then further aggravated when the BMW bimbo rammed into the rear of my Mach in 2011, so, sadly, I cannot do too much of this labor myself anymore. But the local shop is very reasonable - they installed my Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS Pads (in my Mach) a couple months ago for $60 for the fronts and $00.00 for the rears (since they were doing a gear swap and had it all apart anyway).

So they get our business again, swapping rotors and drums, pads and shoes, and swapping out the fluid as well.

Thanks again for your input guys - very much appreciated!

Chris