5 lug swap

cool92gt

Dec 2, 2010
CALIFORNIA
Hello all, need some help. I have a 1992 Mustang GT Convertible that I want to convert to 5 lug with rear disc brakes. Let me tell you what I have. I have complete 1997 Cobra Mustang front disc brakes and the complete 8.8 rear end from the 97 cobra disc to disc. I would love to run the FR500 17x10.5 wheels in the rear. Can anyone tell me what the back spacing should be? Is it a 94-98, 99-04, or 05-09. I have no ideal and really need some help. Thank you much.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello all, need some help. I have a 1992 Mustang GT Convertible that I want to convert to 5 lug with rear disc brakes. Let me tell you what I have. I have complete 1997 Cobra Mustang front disc brakes and the complete 8.8 rear end from the 97 cobra disc to disc. I would love to run the FR500 17x10.5 wheels in the rear. Can anyone tell me what the back spacing should be? Is it a 94-98, 99-04, or 05-09. I have no ideal and really need some help. Thank you much.

The rear end should be just fine to bolt in as is. You will need to get an adapter I believe from the soft to the hard line. It will also push stock 94-04 wheels out 3/4" of an inch so running 10.5 will be difficult. Also running the 97 front spindles will cause you some headaches as well. in 96the spindles changed pushing the wheels out further. most everyone runs the 94-95 front spindle and hub assy. Here are a few websites for you to check out for more information.

http://www.stangnet.com/2002/05/25/fox-body-mustang-5-lug-conversion/87-93 Mustang Brake Upgrades

good luck.

to answer your question. I have run 96 rear axles with disc brakes and stock bullitts without issues. Also ran 94/95 spindles with pbr dual piston calipers.

currently I am putting together ranger axles keeping the rears and the same front as above.

The rear end should be just fine to bolt in as is. You will need to get an adapter I believe from the soft to the hard line. It will also push stock 94-04 wheels out 3/4" of an inch so running 10.5 will be difficult. Also running the 97 front spindles will cause you some headaches as well. in 96the spindles changed pushing the wheels out further. most everyone runs the 94-95 front spindle and hub assy. Here are a few websites for you to check out for more information.

FOX BODY MUSTANG 5 LUG CONVERSION «

87-93 Mustang Brake Upgrades

good luck.

to answer your question. I have run 96 rear axles with disc brakes and stock bullitts without issues. Also ran 94/95 spindles with pbr dual piston calipers.

currently I am putting together ranger axles keeping the rears and the same front as above.