5 LUG UPGRADE

KGOFF

Nov 25, 2007
nj
Whats up Guys,
swapping out to a 5lug set up.I already purchases a complete rear with axles,373 gears,etc.I was about to purchase the spindle kit when I relized I can just buy the rotors or can I?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I get stupid when it come to fitment of rims and tires of a fox.The rims posted in my last post were a refrence,I guess a bad one.I thought if i have a 95 set up I can run wheels off a 95 or newer.I even read the article from one of the posts about swapping and im still lost..!All I want is a nice set of 5 lug wheels with a dip dish rim.Any help would be helpfull.....thanks again guys

any rim that fits a 94-04 car will fit with the 95 spindles you have, so a 17x9 or 18x9 bullit wheel (or fr500, or whatever) will work just fine, although if you have a pre-91 car you may want to stick with an 8" wide wheeel (fenders changed to accomadate the 16" ponys in 90 or 91, its hit or miss on if earlier cars will rub with the wider wheels at full lock).

if you REALLY want to go 20's (please dont for the love of god, but its your car), the same rules should apply, just make sure to not use a tire too big and it will fit.

No 20's....not at all...

I have another issue.Now that I have a 95set up,the ball joints on are incorrect on the stock a-arms(87).I would want to get tubular ones but now I need to order for a 95?

Thanks again for all your help!

No 20's....not at all...

I have another issue.Now that I have a 95set up,the ball joints on are incorrect on the stock a-arms(87).I would want to get tubular ones but now I need to order for a 95?

Thanks again for all your help!

the balljoints are the same, its just the length of the threaded portion that differs. a spacer (an be found online) or some hardened washers (what i did) do the trick to get the castle nut to where the cotter pin can go in.