5 lug wheel problem help pleeze

bdollarbill

Nov 27, 2005
My 1990 notch has the 5 lug conversion from unkown source front & rear the rear wheels work perfect, they are 2001 stock 17 x 10", car has steeda lowering springs front & rear. The front wheels will not allow installation of center caps due to the spindle & dust cap sticking out too far, If I purchase 1994 or 1995 hubs will that solve the clearance issue or do I also need to replace the spindles?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I do not know if the rotors are from a Lincooln or not but its the spindle thats f-n things up. I thought these were 17" x 10" but maybe they are actually 9" wide. I wanted to know iuf anyone has converted to 5 lug with using just the rotors from a 94 or 95 mustang? I am in hopes that the spindle may not interfere with rim center cap with later model hubs on it.

Bill

Pull the wheel off.. if you have an unsealed hub with inner / outer bearings.. then you have SVO or Lincoln rotors.. as was mentioned before... SN95 rotors will not work on the stock spindles.. you have to convert to SN95 spindles.

Sadness sounds like big $#$$$, I really dont want to go Ghetto & throw wheel spacers & longer studs in the rotors on car now..... Guess I'll have to tool around town with no center caps for A LITTLE WHILE LONGER.

Bill