5-speed transmission that fits an early mustang perfectly?

• Sponsors (?)

Kiesler definitely makes some nice stuff. As a matter of fact, they even bought the rights to reproduce the GM Muncie M-20/21/22 4 speed cases. But $3000 for a trans kit?! Holy crap! That better come with a hummer too! Well, ok, the tko 500 is a pretty strong trans, but for most people I would think a standard t5 would be just fine for half the price INSTALLED. I was under the impression the tko wont even fit without surgery.

How much is a new tko?

$1859 + shipping - directly from Tremec

I thought I remember seeing a more extensive kit that included a hydraulic throwout and MC for about $4300.

Neither includes the pedals if you're converting from auto.

You could probably save $500 by getting all the stuff yourself individually. (new)

Kiesler definitely makes some nice stuff. As a matter of fact, they even bought the rights to reproduce the GM Muncie M-20/21/22 4 speed cases. But $3000 for a trans kit?! Holy crap! That better come with a hummer too! Well, ok, the tko 500 is a pretty strong trans, but for most people I would think a standard t5 would be just fine for half the price INSTALLED. I was under the impression the tko wont even fit without surgery.

The regular 5-speed will work just fine unless you drag race each and every weekend.

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

If you look under the buy section, it does say that it is a custom case and shifter location to avoid floor cutting. It does say that some floor mods may be required. Only way to find out is to call.

It does have some purks...aftermarket shifter, no spacer needed, all the hardware and a bad ass driveshaft.

You could probably do it yourself cheaper but, if there is no cutting and no spacers needed, it would be worth an extra $400 to me.

Does a stock tko have a mech input for a mech speedo?