5 Star pony rims

• Sponsors (?)

as far as i know 5-star pony rims are the 5 star rims with a pony on the center cap that came on mustangs from 91-93. i guess you are talking about the newer style. i think the old pony rims are 16 x 7, not that that helps you

many call them ponies, but most refer to them as "waffle" wheels.

theyre 16" x 7.5" and the widest possible tire is a 255/50 16 which i have ran in the rear no problems at all. theyre a sligth bit taller than stock (26.2" or something) so your speedo will show slightly slower than youre going, maybe 3-4mph by 80, but not much at all. not even noticable. ive ran 255s for over 3 years now, evere since i got the car. no probs at all.

i run 245/50s up front cause the 255/50s rub the front sway bar at full turn. if really want stock size, or prefer all the same size. id say go with the 245s. i just run 255s rear for that slight extra bit of meat back there. but if you dont know theyre different sizes youd never notice :nice:

michael_sig.jpg

AsthmaticZeater -

I have Waffle Wheels! I like the look of your ride. If I get 255s on the back and 245s on the front will I be able to rotate the tires side to side? I do not mind the taller tires with the 4.10s. They do not "bulge" out too much?

Did you use a standard issue PI Intake? How did you have the cams installed and how hard was that?