$500 barn find please look

got the martiauto report today and it is a factory GT.
GT equipment group
C-4 select-**** cruise-o-matic
f70-14 wide oval tires
white sidewall nylon tires
firestone brand name tires
sport deck rear seat
power steering
air-conditioner-selectaire
am radio
exterior decor group
deluxe seat belts
tachometer and trip odometer.

so how many do you think was built and whats it worth before and after restoration?

P1010277.JPG

P1010278.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

I'd buy that for $500 in an instant. Be careful if you plan to try to make money with it. It often takes more to restore it than it's worth when finished. You could probably flip it for $1000 or more without doing anything. If you have time and skills and want to build it for yourself have fun. That's what I would do.

I'd buy that for $500 in an instant. Be careful if you plan to try to make money with it. It often takes more to restore it than it's worth when finished. You could probably flip it for $1000 or more without doing anything. If you have time and skills and want to build it for yourself have fun. That's what I would do.

With 67/68 fastbacks, a few years ago the Eleanor craze was in such a frenzy that you literally could have taken that as it sits and sent it off to shelby and made 4 (sometimes you heard case of 5) digit profits. I think those days are over but fastbacks are still desireable enough that if he can do a lot of his own work he can make a nifty little profit.

I'll give you 501.00 for it. hehe. Great find! It looks like it will take a lot of work to bring it to its original glory but definately worth it for that price if you got time and a strong back.
Kevin

Where was the VIN number you ran? That "GTA" fender doesn't seem to match the rest of the car. Seems to me a Marti report also gave the production number built ? Even if not a GTA car, the rolling shell is worth at least $500

the vin came off the title, the door and the front left fender. i did the cheapest martiauto report. it gave me the production number and list above, not how many cars came with a tack and a/c. i can do the body work, here is a pic of my 67 rs/ss camaro.
Camaro40.JPG

2.JPG

OK, then it seems to be a small block GTA car. It's worth something more than a std fastback to some one (that's the key to selling it at a premium finding that someone) but not as desireable (i.e: the worth in dollars will be less) than a big block GTA car. To most buyers, it's just another small block fastback of which the majority were in production numbers. Still a good buy for $500. What it could or would actually sell for is a 64 million dollar question.

Got a date code for it?

I'm looking for a '67 that was born on the same day as I was.

Still Larry? Your dreaming..... If you do find one it will be a concours resto one of a kind with an all aluminum factory motor that was owned by 10 famous people and the asking price will be a ga-zillion dollars and only on sale for 2.5 hours on Christmas....

oh the car will also be located in Jacarta or something like that....

Besides, they didn't make Mustangs in the 50's:D

PS - I'd give $500 skins for that car in a heartbeat. I passed on a 67 302 four speed that was ate up by weather that actually ran for $2K. You could flip that on the almightly eBay for at least a grand maybe even $1500

that's funny, i'd like to find a 69 that was built on my birthday to but it would actually be a 70 model...dammit. what's really funny though is when i decided to buy my cougar i knew nothing about it, turns it was built within a week after my mustang was.

that's funny, i'd like to find a 69 that was built on my birthday to but it would actually be a 70 model...dammit. what's really funny though is when i decided to buy my cougar i knew nothing about it, turns it was built within a week after my mustang was.
Couple years back when I had the 68 Merc Monterey, I bought a 68 Galaxie for parts. The engines in em were built a week apart. Both were 390 2 bbls. But the Merc had the 10.5 to 1 pistons.