500 dollar terminator supercharger

I feel your pain with the slow 96-98 GT's. A good, quick mod for cheap would be to install some PI cams and a PI intake. With the PI cams you won't need to get new valve springs unlike other higher-lift cams. The trick with the cams is that you leave the cam gears on the chains and only remove the cams. That way you don"t have to reset timing or remove the front timing cover. Ford and Anderson Motorsports sells a cam-changing tool. There is plenty of info on intake install and it isn't difficult but TAKE UR TIME! Get a dyno tune after these mods and you will have a nice 225+ RWHP engine (on 87 octane) with a 5500 rpm redline that will work nicely with your 3.73's. :nice:

where can i buy some regular PI cams from for a good deal i found the pi intake for a 2003 mustang at rockauto.com for like 190 bucks but i didnt see any cams, also would it be wise to dyno tune it after this? wait you already answered that question, oops. would it be safe to say that a PI intake with PI cams after a good dyno tyne will net 15hp at the wheels or no?

• Sponsors (?)

where can i buy some regular PI cams from for a good deal i found the pi intake for a 2003 mustang at rockauto.com for like 190 bucks but i didnt see any cams, also would it be wise to dyno tune it after this? wait you already answered that question, oops. would it be safe to say that a PI intake with PI cams after a good dyno tyne will net 15hp at the wheels or no?

Go on Ebay and search "Mustang PI". It pretty much always brings up all the PI intakes and PI cams that are for sale at the time. Check all the websites' classifieds as well. Don't pay more than $60-70$ for the cams; I got mine for $50 shipped from a forum member, and I have seen them go for that amount or less pretty frequently. And for simplicities sake, get the Romeos, as they are pretty much a straight-forward swap.

Your car with you current mods + PI cams and PI intake will make for a pretty stout car. Definitely good for 13s with a driver and weather. The cams and intake are worth better torque across the band, as well as a solid 25 peak horsepower, and even more than that up above 5000 rpm. A dyno tune is not necessary, but a custom mail-order tune will help. I got one from 2002BLGT (Willie Lynch at DirtyDirtyRacing). It helped mine tremendously, but I have an auto, and that was the biggest hold-up with my set up. Best feature for you would be raising the rev limiter, as you can/need to spin it out to 6000 after the cam/intake swap in order to get the most out of it. American Muscle just announced this morning that they are partnering up with Bama Custom Tuning, which is a pretty reputable company, to make custom tunes for the SCT programmers they sell. The tunes are free with the purchase of a SCT product, and they will give you free tunes for life. Sounds like a great idea and it would sufficiently suit the needs of a mildly modded car like yours.

dang i was thinking like id have to pay about 4-5 hundred for the cams. now what you just said motivates the heck out of me to go and do this to the stang next week that im off. How can one differentiate the romeo from the other cams so as o not get the wrong ones. the romeo came 2001 and up or 2002 and up?

dang i was thinking like id have to pay about 4-5 hundred for the cams. now what you just said motivates the heck out of me to go and do this to the stang next week that im off. How can one differentiate the romeo from the other cams so as o not get the wrong ones. the romeo came 2001 and up or 2002 and up?

The NPI cars are Romeo. Windsors are 99-00. They have a press-on cam sprocket. Romeos are 01-04, and have the bolt-on sprocket type. The cam sprocket is held onto the cam via a bolt. The Romeos are easier because you can leave your stock cam sprocket in place and attached to the chain, and just bolt the new cam into place. If you used Windsors, you could not do that and you must take off the timing cover and re-time everything.

And yes, the PI intake/PI cam swap can be done for less than $250. Best bang for the buck that there is for the NPI headed cars.

found this for all ford mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsShadowGT
is there any way to put a stock 03 cobra supercharger on my 03 mustang gt.

I had the same question about 2 weeks ago. Here is the result of all my searching and all of the replies I got. I am assuming that you have figured out that you can get the blower off a terminator cobra very cheeply off of ebay and other similar sites. A lot of take offs for KB upgrades and the like. You can get the BLOWER part cheap. like a couple of hundred dollars cheap. However, a blower system is more than just the blower. In a word, yes, you can put that blower on your GT. However, you are looking at a LOT of hassle for something that will ultimately cost you as much as a good KB setup.

By the time you add the manifold, which will be a custom build, for around 3K, and the intercooler, and brackets and plumbing and EVERYTHING else you are missing, you will have a 5K plus headache when you could have had more power for less hassle and money.

So yes you can, but you probably dont want to.

You would be way better off just getting like a KB kit for 5000.00 that is a complete kit. Just think about it. If you can pick up the blower cheap then you have to get a manifold that will fit your sohc heads. Then you have to get the wiring to make it work and the computer to make it read right. For what you are trying to do I would just buy a kit meant for your car rather than trying to piece one on there.

found this for all ford mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsShadowGT
is there any way to put a stock 03 cobra supercharger on my 03 mustang gt.

I had the same question about 2 weeks ago. Here is the result of all my searching and all of the replies I got. I am assuming that you have figured out that you can get the blower off a terminator cobra very cheeply off of ebay and other similar sites. A lot of take offs for KB upgrades and the like. You can get the BLOWER part cheap. like a couple of hundred dollars cheap. However, a blower system is more than just the blower. In a word, yes, you can put that blower on your GT. However, you are looking at a LOT of hassle for something that will ultimately cost you as much as a good KB setup.

By the time you add the manifold, which will be a custom build, for around 3K, and the intercooler, and brackets and plumbing and EVERYTHING else you are missing, you will have a 5K plus headache when you could have had more power for less hassle and money.

So yes you can, but you probably dont want to.

You would be way better off just getting like a KB kit for 5000.00 that is a complete kit. Just think about it. If you can pick up the blower cheap then you have to get a manifold that will fit your sohc heads. Then you have to get the wiring to make it work and the computer to make it read right. For what you are trying to do I would just buy a kit meant for your car rather than trying to piece one on there.
Guess that person needs to do a little more research. We've already established that you can put together a complete system with the Cobra blower, Tork Tech supercharger-less kit and your own fuel components for about $2,000-$2,500 less than what Kenne Bell is asking for their intercooled 2.1L kit....and its good for about the same amount of power to boot.

Does that include the cost of a painted aftermarket cowl hood required for the tork tech kit for clearance?

No....but then again a "painted aftermarket cowl hood" isn't a requirement either. Their $200 scoop does the job just fine and still looks factory. :)

I supose you could go ahead and replace the hood if you really hated the scoop......then I guess the kit would only be $1,500-$2,000 cheaper than the Kenne Bell kit, instead of $2,000-$2,500.

Either way, the math still adds up! ;)