$500 for Power Upgrade(s)

Sweet Lew

Oct 30, 2006
Orlando
I drive an '07 GT convertible. Has an X-Cal 2 tune and Steeda cold air as well as an "x" pipe with dual American Thunder mufflers WITHOUT catalyctic converters (not required in Florida). Any of y'all know how I can get a nice powr boost for $500 or less? Thanks...your advice is always excellent.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

4.10s get my vote.

They wont boost power but your acceleration will improve better than any other mod you can do besides a SC. Best $500 i ever spent. it "feels" like a 50 hp gain.

But if you want to boost HP get some UDP and CMCV's.

another suggesion would be to have a custom dyno tune session with your local performance shop.

gears will cut it close to your $500 budget if yopu have someone install them for you, but i think this is the best mod for the money outside of the CAI/tune you already have.

if you get CMCV delete plates, you will need a new tune to go with it. a good tune from doug or brent and the plates will be under $500.

an underdrive pulley kit is a good mod as well for about $200. you can install it yourself if you follow the link in my signature.

I seriously have thought it over, and the money you spend to get 2-5 hp at the wheels, atleast to me just isn't worth it. Gears, tune/cai are must do's after that I think the best route is power adder. As I said in my previos post, brenspeed has a kit for a little over $500. Up to 175 hp for $500+ vs $200 for delete plates, or udp's only to get a few ponys and better throttle response, not my cup of tea.

That or get tires, that would actually shave off at least a tenth or two off your et's. My 2 pennies:shrug: