$500 ???

stock 94-95 gts here run 15.0-15.2 on a decent day.

I figure with o/r h-pipe, flowmaster exhaust and 3.73 gears I should be in the mid 14s.

In a STOCK 94 GT I owned before this current one I ran 15.0 on a 95 degree day, and about 100 pounds of stereo stuff in my trunk.

I really dont think 14.5-14.7 would be to much to ask, but I want to run 13s after the $500 is put into it.

I was thinking...Snorkel removal, K&N, UDPulleys, and Trickflow(StreatHeat) or Cobra intake. Maybe that would be closer to $550:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

I figure with o/r h-pipe, flowmaster exhaust and 3.73 gears I should be in the mid 14s.

In a STOCK 94 GT I owned before this current one I ran 15.0 on a 95 degree day, and about 100 pounds of stereo stuff in my trunk.

I really dont think 14.5-14.7 would be to much to ask, but I want to run 13s after the $500 is put into it.

I was thinking...Snorkel removal, K&N, UDPulleys, and Trickflow(StreatHeat) or Cobra intake. Maybe that would be closer to $550:nonono:

well i got the mods you currently do and i run 15.2 so i dont think 500 bucks more will get you into 13's not n/a at least

The only way to 13s with $500 from your current setup is a nitrous setup IMHO.
An intake won't be as effective without better flowing heads.
UD pulleys are good but only for a tenth or two.
For every 100lbs you can remove take a tenth off your ET (approximately).

Good luck:nice:

13s N/A by the end of the season or I am selling the car. :nice:

13s WILL BE :owned:

$500 is a good starting point I think. Another $500 and 13s are well within reason.

What do you think slicks will do, and headers, and a short throw, in addition to the earlier list of:
Snorkel removal, K&N, UDPulleys, and Trickflow(StreatHeat) or Cobra intake.
I should also remove the spare and jack and back seat, advance timing to 14* since I always run premium anyhow...

I dont car if its just 13.999, I want 13s by the end of October which is when the final test/tunes are at heartland park here in topeka.

If you have $500 and know that you'll have another $500 coming, I'd say wait and buy a used set of aluminum heads in the classifieds. (Usually about $700- $800) Or get a pair of used Explorer heads and port the snot out of them. Then get a used Explorer intake and port the lower. Get some 1.7 rockers and play around with the cam timing.

If neither of those work for you, put the money in the bank, save some more and buy new aftermarket H/C/I stuff when you have the $$$. Goin fast doesn't have to be, but it can get kinda "spendy". It all depends on what you want to do for yourself.

well without heads your combo will be hard to get to 13's you will need a h/c/i or at least heads and a intake....

without taking your car to the track and getting a baseline run you dont know how much time you really need to shave to hit your goal...you can take 2 identical cars and they will run different times so dont assume your already in the 14's.

i say slicks are great for a huge amout of time to shave off...however your cars not capiable of running them so dont.... unless you upgrade to 31 spline axels, get a drive shaft safety loop, and a rear diff. girdle cover... other wise you will be replacing your entire rear end...

If you insist on using et as a measurement of success.

Work on what will make the greatest amount of improvement for the least
amount of money spent.

And IMHO ... That ain't in the power makin department :nono:

You already have got the good fortune of a stick trans which allows Y O U
to control more aspects of the driving part with the least amount of money
spent.

You get that benefit with practice to find best launch rpm, shift rpm, slip or
no slip the clutch, engine temps, and all the rest.

Then you need to work with what it takes to find the lowest sixty foot
you can obtain (with your budget in mind of course) remembering that for
each tenth there ... you get two at the big end.

Two for the price of one :nice:
Always a good deal ;)

You also got the advantage of not being a big ole heavy Vert :nice:

You already got some steep gears :nice:

If you are lookin for just a 13.99 you can do it with less power
than you think .......... A Lot Less :D

But ... You gotta take advantage of all the tricks:)

Since you got the stick trans ........
A little practice
and
Some DR's
You could get 60's down to around 1.8 with not much effort all :)

Of course ... with oem drive line ... you might break something :(

Grady

oops, sorry, I did not know he had already done that stuff. I assumed he was in the process, or still buying the parts, and thats what he would be running after Spring.

He = Me. And I would never post a number I haven't run. I also change my times each year. If I slow down (and I have before) then I put the slower number in my sig. :p

The times in my sig. were from the last TNT of the season of 06.

If I hadn't had a rear main leak, I would have new times from Saturday when my club had a track rental. Sucks to be the person that is responsible for starting the club, getting 54 cars to show up and race, plus hundreds of spectators.... and have to be a spectator yourself when you have a new monster in your garage. :bang: