500hp from SLP

I didn't want to get in a "pissin" match with anyone here. I just felt it was unfair of Mr. fastcoupe68 to make a blanket statement such as: "No not the CAI from kn because that whole thing about them making 20 to 30 more horsepower is a bunch of crap!". No one ever said the K&N FIPK made 20 to 30 more HP than other CAI's. The claim is: K&N FIPK is proven to make 25RWHP on a bone stock 03/04 Cobra over the factory airbox/filter assembly.

If someone is going to make a statement that contradicts 99% of the factual dyno data (both magazine & personally derived) that's currently out there, then I think it's his or her obligation to post some supporting data. Please post a dyno graph for a bone stock 03/04 Cobra with only the SLP CAI installed. Until then... CYA!

mad4mods said:
So let me understand, I guess you ONLY buy from companies that sell Ford performance parts exclusively? You know, K&N sells parts for GM cars and even ...GASP... IMPORTS. Quick you better rip that piece of crap GM/import air filter off your car!

No, you're missing my point! I was trying to educate Mr. fastcoupe68 on SLP. I just find it funny how SLP wouldn't give Ford the time of day for many years. Now that their precious f-body crowd is dwindling they have to break their long standing tradition of being a GM-only performance parts supplier and are now courting the Mustang crowd. I personally have nothing against SLP products except maybe for the price. They've been making awesome exhaust systems and many other products for f-bodies for a long time. In fact I'll be ordering one of their line-lock kits for my Cobra soon!

Maybe we'll even see an SLP Mustang some day! :eek:

U.M.

• Sponsors (?)

I was not calling you a troll ! I merely stated that for the info you posted that SLP got your car to 500 rwhp is hard for me to believe without a ported eaton or a Kenny BELL blower. I have an 03 Cobra that makes 480 rwhp w/ 456 ftlbs torque. I have a ported eaton with an 2.93 pulley, jba shorties, bassini x-pipe w/ cats, plasma booster, k & n fipk, evol 3" catback and a custom tune, so answer my question.

Fred :flag:
fastcoupe68 said:
Was not a quote I stood there when they dynoed it! What I dont understand is all the doubting. What is up with that? Some other company cant come along and do better. Let me explain something I am not here to say my car is better then anyone elses, I am glad everyone is making great numbers with there cars. If I were using someone elses parts I would have come out and promoted them just the same. This car is a daily driver, driven by my wife. I dont plan on racing the car I just want to enjoy the car for what its intended purpose is, to drive it every day. As soon as I get the dyno sheets I will post them for everyone to see. I know maybe one of these rags that you guys live and die by would put it in print and then maybe you will believe? To tell you the truth I prefer my 68 coupe with a Kuntz and Co. 750hp 408 small block it is much faster and that one goes to the track. 750 hp and 2700 pounds. Do the math. Lots of fun. If you guys dont want anymore info on the SLP stuff I wont relay it here anymore. They have alot more stuff coming out for the cobras. Suspension stuff and more. They are a pretty tight company and know what they are doing and the experience with them has been great. I cant say enough good things about them. One more thing if the car did not go to SLP it would have gone to JDM another great company. I have a good friend that has done extensive work on his 03 with JDM and that car makes 650hp+ sick!!!! I have also seen that JDM just made 600hp with a stock blower, ported I believe but that is just crazy. And then there is Rich (Hammer) on the other boards who I also know personally and he is the King of cobra hp I believe he is now making over 740hp all done at JDM. So there I just did a promo for another company other then SLP. So stick the troll stuff in your azz!!!!

I never said SLPs CAI made mor power then the K&N, They never put one on my car. I said they used a K&N filter in the stock air box. Read my post just a little more carefully Uncle "meat". The blower is stock Yellow. Oh and UM what do you get paid by K&N to so valiantly defend there product? So called expert. This is such a joke!

I've seen first hand a stock 03 with a K&N CAI kit pick up 25+RWHP and pick up 1.5 lbs of boost. This was confirmed with before and after dyno sheets.

I don't care either way since I don't have an 03+ Cobra, so I'd like to think I'm unbiased in regards to this.....

Anyway, sounds like you have a strong car there. Thanks for posting the info on SLP.

I have a k/n for my 600cc ATV, my explorer, and bought one for my dad's chevy truck (yuck- puke) K&N is an awesome company that would not risk their reputation on false advertising. I know they make filters for almost anything... I trust them on my vehicles.

The point is, all UM was asking for was proof of your claim. He didn't state the FIPK2 would make more than any other CIA - just 25 hp more than stock. Stock = stock filter, stock box w/snorkel.

If anyone posts a memo that others might take as fact, it would just be nice to have some before/after data to back up the claim... then... if you did... I would have to say for some odd reason your car doesn't like a quality air filter...

And, I will be eagerly waiting to see how SLP made 500 HP on your stock blower/pully car... that is just amazing... I don't doubt it... I just would like to see the picture of the report...

We all have to keep in mind that the lowest reported HP numbers from 03 cobra's are 335 with the highest of 390 - from what I have seen dyno results for.

Bitch-fest

Just thought I'd join in on all the festivities. Don't know about SLP, but K&N is the foundation for High performance air filters, they started it all. And since we're on the topic of CAI's, My Densecharger is crap. It's falling apart. Hp gains were at a min. I'm shopping around and the K&N is lookin mighty good. :bang:

fastcoupe68 said:
I never said SLPs CAI made mor power then the K&N, They never put one on my car.
Nope, you never stated that the SLP CAI was better than the K&N, what you did state was that the 20-30 HP claims for the K&N CAI was a bunch of crap.
fastcoupe68 said:
I said they used a K&N filter in the stock air box.
No, you didn't say jack squat about the stock airbox in your post. Here, let me help you out.... Complete exhaust system with longtubes,x-pipe, and loudmouth cat back, MAF, pulley, Diablosport tune and KN air filter. No not the CAI from kn because that whole thing about them making 20 to 30 more horsepower is a bunch of crap!
fastcoupe68 said:
Read my post just a little more carefully Uncle "meat".
I did read it carefully, and it still doesn't say anything about a stock airbox.
fastcoupe68 said:
Oh and UM what do you get paid by K&N to so valiantly defend there product? So called expert. This is such a joke!
I don't get paid by K&N, but I do own a K&N FIPK. Isn't that just like staying at the Holiday Inn Express? LOL! I also have dyno sheets to prove my point that the K&N FIPK is good for 25RWHP on a stock Cobra. What do you have to prove your original statement that it is not good for the 25RWHP????? You know, the one where you stated, "No not the CAI from kn because that whole thing about them making 20 to 30 more horsepower is a bunch of crap!".

BTW...when did I ever say that I was an expert?

U.M.

fastcoupe

fastcoupe68 said:
I never said SLPs CAI made mor power then the K&N, They never put one on my car. I said they used a K&N filter in the stock air box. Read my post just a little more carefully Uncle "meat". The blower is stock Yellow. Oh and UM what do you get paid by K&N to so valiantly defend there product? So called expert. This is such a joke!
If your blower is stock and I assume you are also running a stock upper pulley. I call :bs: on SLP. I'm not trying to burst your bubble here. I just find it hard to believe 500 rwhp on a stck Eaton blower.

YELLOW42RCODE said:
If your blower is stock and I assume you are also running a stock upper pulley. I call :bs: on SLP. I'm not trying to burst your bubble here. I just find it hard to believe 500 rwhp on a stck Eaton blower.

In his original post he states, "Complete exhaust system with longtubes,x-pipe, and loudmouth cat back, MAF, pulley, Diablosport tune and KN air filter." He doesn't specify what diameter pulley, but I would have to suspect it's at least a 2.80 if he's making that kind of power. I find it hard to believe he's able to put down those numbers myself with it breathing through the stock airbox with just a K&N drop-in...

U.M.

I did not say the car made those numbers with a stock pulley they did in fact change the pulley, it said that in my first post. As far as the K&N filter I am glad all of you are making those kinds of numbers with there kit. All I said was and maybe I was a little to harsh the way I put it was that my car did not see those gains. I also picked the car up this afternoon and all I can say is the car is an absolute animal, the blowers sound is just incredible to me it sounds like an 8-71 huffer. the power is just incredible the car just blows the tires off through third gear. I quess it is time for some drag radials. They also put a strut tower brace on and its a very nice piece. As far as the dyno sheets as soon as I learn or get someone to put these suckers on my computer I will post them all, and I will put up some pics of the strut tower brace. Peace!!!

I have been pretty much in the dark as to exact numbers and such so I could not honestly tell you what the diameter of the pulley is. Uncle Meat is does in fact have SLPs CAI on it and I did not know this until today when I picked the car up. The only thing I had privy to was to come in and watch them at different times and watch the car on the dyno. The final numbers were in fact 505 hp and 539 ft lbs. And as far as what it cost, lets just say I am one lucky SOB.

Enjoy

fastcoupe68 said:
I have been pretty much in the dark as to exact numbers and such so I could not honestly tell you what the diameter of the pulley is. Uncle Meat is does in fact have SLPs CAI on it and I did not know this until today when I picked the car up. The only thing I had privy to was to come in and watch them at different times and watch the car on the dyno. The final numbers were in fact 505 hp and 539 ft lbs. And as far as what it cost, lets just say I am one lucky SOB.
fastcoupe,
enjoy your car :nice:

Thanks guys. I just want to say I did not come here to start crap with anyone. I am just relaying info that has been told to me and the things I saw first hand. Im also not here to say My this or that is better then yours. I am here to pick up info just like the rest of you. If you take offense to something I have said or stated then I say quit being a little bitch. I am also not here to prove anything to anyone. If you think I am making this stuff up good for you. I know what I have dont care what you think. If we can have some disscussions on our cars and learn from our different expieriences and benift from them then great. Like I said soon as I get the dyno sheets I will post them for you guys to see. Now I am going back to work on the Hemi Cuda sitting in my shop.

travis0712 said:
Okay, then you lucky SOB - ask them what they would charge us normal unlucky guys :)

Heck... its worth a plug anyhow!
When I go out to Maplegrove this Saturday I will ask if they have a price list. I would tend to believe they will since they are displaying the car with all this new stuff on it. Another thing the strut tower brace they put on is really cool.