500rwhp how-to write-up w/ sq-trim

The blocks themselves may be tough as nails, but the internals inside them are about as rigid as tinker toys. A new block alone is only worth about $200-$300, so most companies sell them complete and assembled with the needed forged components to save you the hassle of having to put it together yourself.

I've heard different numbers. But does anyone know where the stock internals give out at??? (On a 2v) :shrug:

And how much does the tune play a part in that ?

• Sponsors (?)

dam jivepepper i am slipping been keeping track of your car for sometime now nice numbers

i have not been on for a few months i see you got a t-trim now what was the max you did with the sq-trim i am going to sqezz mine for all i can get out of it before i go for the t-trim

i also wanted to hit maybe a 50-75shot of nos on my car also since i still have my nx kit .....

going to see if jpc can set me up for a all boost tune street and a boost/nos tune for the track..

I'm sorry I didn't answer all your questions. I dynoed 598.5/531 at Big Shot Dyno in Columbus OH. The best I did at SGS where I tune, was 572 with the V1 S-trim.

Where I tune I always read 20-30 rwhp difference than other dynojets I have been on. It's very old and has most of the friction surface wore off, and on the inside of both drums is a 1/8" deep 8" wide groove wore into them. I might go back to Big Shot Dyno and try for 690's lol. I made 665 at SGS abiut a week and a half ago.

Even though I read a little lower at SGS, I feel Dave is best out of the 3 tuners I've been to, and all 3 are well know for ability. The other two were great too I just prefer Dave.

well the dyno is only a tool.. the track is were it matters and u have a 10 sec car and thats my goal....

to the other member as for price for parts its been a min since i ordered all this stuff

mmr900 shortblock ran me about $3700 bucks but i also got arp bolts and upgraded oil pump, arp side bolts

stg2 patriot heads were $1290.00

mph blower cams were $595.00

i also had to get a timing kit off ebay $300

arp head bolts and fel-pro head gasket $250.00

i got a 7qt oil pan mmr $250

of course the blower was mph mongoose kit and it was $3900.00

other parts.....

mmr k-member w/a-arms $795
bbk lt-headers $495
bbk x-pipe $295
magnoflow cat-back $495
bbk plenum/bbk 75mm tb $400

cobra fuel tank w/dual pumps $600 off ebay

that about covers the mods
i also have suspension work, and gears so it adds up quick

if i could do it over i would have started off with the shortblock,cobra tanks,and the blower, get a nice tune and work your way from there that combo a lone would get your car into the 400-450 range easy

and i believe the stock block is only good for 400-450 range safely but some have gotten more out of it tune does play a big roll in engine life but why even chance it

well the dyno is only a tool.. the track is were it matters and u have a 10 sec car and thats my goal....

to the other member as for price for parts its been a min since i ordered all this stuff

mmr900 shortblock ran me about $3700 bucks but i also got arp bolts and upgraded oil pump, arp side bolts

stg2 patriot heads were $1290.00

mph blower cams were $595.00

i also had to get a timing kit off ebay $300

arp head bolts and fel-pro head gasket $250.00

i got a 7qt oil pan mmr $250

of course the blower was mph mongoose kit and it was $3900.00

other parts.....

mmr k-member w/a-arms $795
bbk lt-headers $495
bbk x-pipe $295
magnoflow cat-back $495
bbk plenum/bbk 75mm tb $400

cobra fuel tank w/dual pumps $600 off ebay

that about covers the mods
i also have suspension work, and gears so it adds up quick

if i could do it over i would have started off with the shortblock,cobra tanks,and the blower, get a nice tune and work your way from there that combo a lone would get your car into the 400-450 range easy

and i believe the stock block is only good for 400-450 range safely but some have gotten more out of it tune does play a big roll in engine life but why even chance it

I trapped 130 at only 516 rwhp in very good air and 121 with only 431. I just can't drive lol. Was it hard degreeing the cams. When I was at 516 I just dropped mine in with the timing cover on using a cam retention tool and ran stock valve springs.

Then when I bought the patriot stage 2's I just removed them from the stock heads and bolted them in the patriots. I also did an 8 rib and overdrive crank pulley and went from the 516 to 598 or 572 depending where I went. I never got a chance to make a good run with that set up because I chucked a plug my second run and I took it easy the first since it was a new set up.

I time serted the plug went to a T-trim and TFS intake with oval TB upper and an Accufab 1694CFM single blade oval TB.

you got any pictures of the engine bay jives..

i will be honest i dont thing i degreed the cams rigth i tried and every thing seemed to like up... i used a degreeing kit from summit was not to hard but i was not sure it totally did it rigth

i talk to justin at jpc performance and he said as long as you lined every thing up you really dont need to degree the cams

a cam of that size anyways

that guy has some fast mustangs so he would know

you got any pictures of the engine bay jives..

i will be honest i dont thing i degreed the cams rigth i tried and every thing seemed to like up... i used a degreeing kit from summit was not to hard but i was not sure it totally did it rigth

i talk to justin at jpc performance and he said as long as you lined every thing up you really dont need to degree the cams

a cam of that size anyways

that guy has some fast mustangs so he would know

here's some pics. My cams only have a 531 lift.

102_1512.jpg

102_1513.jpg

102_1515.jpg

ok finally got the car back from jpc performance

they worked there magic

with a stock 3.6 pulley on my sq-trim 446 rwhp@10 psi thats with a 6k rpm redline and the car was still making power

justin wants me to driver the car make sure its good no problems then bring it back for intercooler smaller pulley and up the redline 6500rpm

they installed the cobra pumps, kenne bell boost-a-pump and fix a lot of things i did wrong putting the motor together. they also installed new clutch/flywheel did a full tune

i will post the dyno sheet later

the car is very strong and it pulls like crazy after 4000 rpms but i did not go to crazy as the clutch has less then 100 miles on it

this is by far the best experince i have had with a performance shop jpc is a real good shop

justin is the man real nice guy and keeps you posted on whats going on with your car......all my work will be done by jpc.

ok have not gotten to my goal yet

ordering a few more parts should get me there

8-rib pulley kit

10% over drive crank

2.70 8-rib pulley kit

i have my fmic still in the boxes

and i think i am going to need fpdm and 60lb injectors

looking for +550rwhp and 16psi

ok have not gotten to my goal yet

ordering a few more parts should get me there

8-rib pulley kit

10% over drive crank

2.70 8-rib pulley kit

i have my fmic still in the boxes

and i think i am going to need fpdm and 60lb injectors

looking for +550rwhp and 16psi

I made 512 with a v1 strim stock heads and intake and a 6 rib 2.8" rr pulley and stock crank dampner. Then I went to a patriot stage 2 heads and a 8 rib with a 18% overdrive pulley 3" pulley and made 598.

yea i have been following your progress jive for some time..

at what point did you need to up grade your injectors i have 42lb atm

also i have the cobra tank and pumps and bap

trying to save some money i modified my list a little going to see how much i can do on a 6-rib set-up

10% od 8-rib crankpulley
2.95 8-rib blower pulley
with this combo i can keep the same belt size

do i really need to look at the rr pulleys or no

wow i would be sick spending all that money, and only making 446hp my first time around. especially when theres guys out there makiing 400hp with only a blower setup and stock block. i was actually disapointed to see that low of a number with all the go fast goodys. i really wanted to see 500+hp the first time around. you dont understand how bad my heart was racing reading all this the for the first time today;)

wow i would be sick spending all that money, and only making 446hp my first time around. especially when theres guys out there makiing 400hp with only a blower setup and stock block. i was actually disapointed to see that low of a number with all the go fast goodys. i really wanted to see 500+hp the first time around. you dont understand how bad my heart was racing reading all this the for the first time today;)

He's only running 8psi he needed more boost before heads. The shortblock dosen't make power it supports the power it actually weighs more and makes less with the same psi. When he turns up the boost the heads and cams will pay off.

the shortblock is just to hold the power not going to get any power from that since i did not go to a 302 and my cr dropped a little from 9.1 to 8.7 or so

with every thing else being the same i jumped from 371 to 446 just with the heads and camms

only thing left to do is up the boost and give her a little more fuel and she should be a beast its been a long run :nice:

ya but the a stock p.i. engine setup with no head work, or cams are making 400+hp on 10-11psi. id at least expect to have seen more thats all. i guess the dropped cr takes the place of the hp difference. duno thats just me. with all that money spent i couldve bought a terminator motor and wiring harness (craigslist $6500) then went from there.

ya i would have maybe done things a little differnt if i could start over....

when i was making 371 on 8psi all stock motor i was using the tune i got from mph. with a tune and a little more boost i could have hit 400.

with 2v i think you have to work a little harder to get good power out of the car the 2v just does not flow like a 3 or 4v car and thats the nature of the beast....

so i did every thing i could to the motor to prepare it for heavy boost ...i mean i still need to get an upper intake maybe a mach1 or p51 ....but i am done so far as the motor is concerned i just dont want to touch it again

i just ordered 10% overdrive crankpulley and 2.95 8-rib pulley

i believe i can use the crank and blower pulley 8-rib with 6-rib belt and the other 6-rib pulleys

not going to fork out 600 bucks for the 8-rib kit unless i really need it but i got the crank and blower pulley in 8-rib trim just incase

with these 2 pulleys i will be spinning the sq-trim at 52352 rpms @ 6000rpms or 56715 rpms @ 6500rpms

just as a side note atm i am spinning the blower at 39000 rpms @ 6000rpms and shifting at 61-6200 rpms at the track

the shortblock is just to hold the power not going to get any power from that since i did not go to a 302 and my cr dropped a little from 9.1 to 8.7 or so

with every thing else being the same i jumped from 371 to 446 just with the heads and camms

only thing left to do is up the boost and give her a little more fuel and she should be a beast its been a long run :nice:

I went from 431 to 516 from blower cams dropped in with stock heads/valve springs etc, and intake, but I was already running 13 psi. When you up the boost it will wake up.