50resto weatherstrips....leaking.

Sorry, I thought you said the one from Circuit City crapped out too. I understand now.

I do really enjoy my Python Keyless entry/alarm that they installed in mine. I get a twinkle in my eye everytime I use it knowing that there are just a few 93's that have keyless entry.

50resto stuff:
door weatherstripping not good
roof rail moldings good
belt line moldings good
mirror covers interior ok
parking lamps/turn signals ksr good
actuators bad, first one came with no rod end
ford rear emblem good
interior trim paint good
headlamp adjuster plate good

I think thats all I have got from them. I thought I had bought more, but I guess thats enough :D

• Sponsors (?)

WOW.. right on time guys. i was just about to order my stuff from 50resto within the next couple of days. Redoing my interior, Door weatherstrip, Carpet and floor mats, and i have to replace my driver side door actuater. Any more info on the actuators from circuit city?? Is that like Circuit city the home/audio store?? And it seems like autozone is a better place for the weatherstrip. Any lideas with black carpet?? i am pretty anal about my mustang so i would rather pay more now, and have it look better in the end.

Corey

As far as the carpet goes...it is "ok". I spent a LOT of time fitting it and measuring before cutting it...but my problem was the molded "mat" on the drivers side isn't placed properly. The carpet itself is fit into the car perfectly, but when they put the drivers side "floor mat" on, they put it about two inches too far to the center of the carpet. So it sticks out from under my slap in floor mats.

As far as weatherstripping goes, a few people have mentioned other aftermarket shops having good ones. All I can say is that the 50resto ones can't compare to the OEM ones. From now on I will go with as much OEM stuff as possible.

There was a "how-to" on an aftermarket door lock actuator install, which is what I used as a guideline. The ones Circuit City has are replacement ones for their keyless entry kits. Basically I just took a peice of thin metal, bent it into a |_| shape and attached it to the actuator, so I could rivet it how the OEM one is attached. Then I bent a metal rod into the shape of an S to attach the actuator to the latch. It's one of those "you have to see it" type of things...but it is fairly easy to do.

Ah ha.. I gotcha. I am pretty with the hand tools and fabrication, so i may take a ride over there this afternoon and check out what they have. Imay go ahead and order the carpet then and take my time getting it to look right. thanks again