5L Notchback Suspension?

NotchRocket92

Aug 13, 2004
I don't know how many of you guys that are going to read this post are from the North East, but there is a track around here called Seekonk Speedway. Its an oval track and they have events during the season where you can bring street cars in and compete, and from what I've watched its very very competitive. However, most of the Mustangs get eliminated b/c none of them can handle the banked turns, but they tear up the straights. My q? is how do I go about compiling a winning suspension on a track like this? I know my motor power is there but I can't get it to the ground and around the track. Steeda/Maxim. Motorsports combo ? Steeda G Trac 1,2,3? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

If you race there your really risking your car with other people who don't know how to drive such a track.

I would go with Maximum Motorsports, and/or Griggs.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have a white notch with pony wheels and a 3" cowl would you?

Start with good control arms, shocks/struts, and springs. That in itself will really improve the overall handling dramatically over stock. There are much better places to race than the speedway. Like auto-x (like I do) and road racing (which I am planning on doing).