6 Piston calipers Anyone?

red ink

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Arizona
I know stop tech and brembo both have a system i liked. Anyone have experience or bought this stuff? What about willwood?
I want to put 14 rotors on my car. have any of you guys seen the mercedes AMG brakes on the S class? :eek: .

• Sponsors (?)

14 rotors :eek: :eek: your going to need HUGE wheels!

i was looking at the bear 6-piston setup but i just can't rationalize spending that kind of money for that when i'm sure the driving you'd be doing wouldn't even fully use 4 piston brakes. i'm going to stick with the cobra R brake kit.

I just want them for looks mostly. But also have you guys noticed cobra brakes dont use the entire surface area of the rotor. :notnice:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Front Napa Rotor.jpg
    Front Napa Rotor.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 169
I am looking at getting some big brakes for the other Saleen S351 I just bought last summer. I found a place selling Wilwoods on The Corral forums cheaper than anyone. About $350 cheaper than Summit for 14" 6 pistons. These are what I’m thinking of buying. The kits are around $1760 black and $1900 in red with shipping. Baer 14" 6 piston is around $3k!!. The Wilwoods include aluminum hat rotors.

The 13” Brembo kits have all gone up in price to around $1350 and to me the Brembo calipers are pretty small, at least compared to my Alcon’s on my other Saleen. If you add aluminum hat rotors to the 13” Brembo kits they cost around $2700, so the Wilwoods are the smokin deal! And they are 14”! Alcon 13” kits like what I have are even more than $3k so I think I’ll try the Wilwoods.

I started a thread a few weeks ago asking about the master cylinder because on the Ford kit with Cobra 2 piston calipers they include the Cobra Master cylinder. The response I got was that the stock one works fine. On my one Saleen that has the Alcon’s the master cylinder looks stock. I was going to try the stocker and see how it worked. Also Saleen 18" wheels will clear 14" brakes no problem

I dont pretent to be an expert on brakes but the cobra brakes are great because they are grabing a larger rotor than stock and they are 2 rather than 1 piston. Even if they are grabing not the most surface area I know it has something to do with it. To explain..on a HUGE scale, For example if you grab a disk that is 13 feet wide to stop a tire..you can do it with your own hands lol.

so basically you mean gt brakes suck. I've heard that before. But i have Cobra brakes. I want to upgrade them. Why can f-body cars have 4 piston front calipers and not me?:OT:

S351Saleen77 You have Alcon brakes in your sig. Would you recoommend them?

Price is not an issue when it comes to my mustang. I want only the best parts for it even if it takes me 10 years to peice it together.
Redline, those look nice! gloss black is good for calipers.

I have just heard some bad things about the Wilwoods this weekend....not sure what I'm going to do now? I have to do more research on them.

I'm still finding out prices on Alcons so far what I have found is 13" 4 piston calipers are around $1200ea and the rotors are $500 ea. Baer rotors are much cheaper but I don't know how they compare to the Alcon rotors. Don't let the 13" and 4 pistons fool you and think that 6 would be better. They are unreal!! They make 4 piston Brembos look small.