6 to 8 Sticky Thread

65shlbycln

Founding Member
Aug 24, 2002
Atlanta
Im not sure if this has been brought up before, but since almost every week someone new is asking if it's possible to swap an 8cyl into a 6 car, why not make a sticky thread so it doesnt need to be answered individually everytime.

Make a newbie thread or something.

Some possible ideas for sticky threads:

- What to look for when buying a classic mustang...
- How to do the 6 to 8 swap...
- FAQ thread

something like this to that the same questions dont get asked over and over and over..... :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with the FAQ section...I'm getting tired of the same ole, same ole questions from the newbies. We need something that starts them off right...but then again, that's why we have this site...maybe I should start on on my site?

most other forums have a "newbie" thread or something that has all the questions that are asked every other day. I think we need one. I think in the past several months, ive seen a dozen threads on if a 6 to 8 conversion is possible.

Hopefully one of the mods can just make a sticky thread and we can do one last writeup on the conversion so it doesnt have to get asked again. Not that i dont like helping people or anything, but its just kinda silly to have one of the most discussed topics asked everyweek.

How many "new" questions are ever asked on this forum? A faq page would render this forum useless, or more useless. Besides, the search function is useless as well. It only goes back so far, and now most of the attached pics/diagrams/etc will not be there due to the new attach limit.

OMG! do a simple search or even look at chelle's sig among many other! the SN FAQ page is :

http://members.cox.net/daugherty_pgdr_leaders/

The I6-V8 page is located on that site specifically http://members.cox.net/daugherty_pgdr_leaders/FAQ/I6-V8-Swap.htm

I am adding to that site more when i can get the time. Since this semester of college has been horribly time consuming, and since i'm done with school i've been working 12+ days at work (i already have 60hrs in at work as of tonight). I hope that i can finish compiling all the info and reasearch.

I'm currently halfway through a 50+page I6-V8 swap manual (see attached picts). And working on a paint your own car manual for blake and others that is highly detailed and step by step. I just need more time in the day. But tons of info is forth comming it just takes an insane amount of time to sift through the information on a certain topic such as the swap or the paint from dozens of forums and archives (so the information presened is as accurate and complete as possible).

*note: keep in mind the attached screenshots are the in progess on the manual and not the final product*

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• TOC.jpg
    TOC.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 165
  • screen shot 1.jpg
    screen shot 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 164
oboebrian said:
OMG! do a simple search or even look at chelle's sig among many other! the SN FAQ page is :

http://members.cox.net/daugherty_pgdr_leaders/

The I6-V8 page is located on that site specifically http://members.cox.net/daugherty_pgdr_leaders/FAQ/I6-V8-Swap.htm

I am adding to that site more when i can get the time. Since this semester of college has been horribly time consuming, and since i'm done with school i've been working 12+ days at work (i already have 60hrs in at work as of tonight). I hope that i can finish compiling all the info and reasearch.

I'm currently halfway through a 50+page I6-V8 swap manual (see attached picts). And working on a paint your own car manual for blake and others that is highly detailed and step by step. I just need more time in the day. But tons of info is forth comming it just takes an insane amount of time to sift through the information on a certain topic such as the swap or the paint from dozens of forums and archives (so the information presened is as accurate and complete as possible).

*note: keep in mind the attached screenshots are the in progess on the manual and not the final product*

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oboe,
Your site and your write ups are great. Can't wait to see the one on painting as that is my major weak point (usually my bud does the paint). Don't ya just hate when work gets in the way of the good stuff? Keep up the good work :nice:

gp001 said:
Oboe,
Your site and your write ups are great. Can't wait to see the one on painting as that is my major weak point (usually my bud does the paint). Don't ya just hate when work gets in the way of the good stuff? Keep up the good work :nice:

Thanks GP001 Here's a quick lil preview of the painting manual:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• TOC-2.jpg
    TOC-2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 172
  • screen shot 2.jpg
    screen shot 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 166
dont get upset at me for not doing the simple searches for the threads, im not the one who keeps making the new threads. im just trying to make it easier so you guys dont have to say the same thing every week to a different person.

65shlbycln said:
dont get upset at me for not doing the simple searches for the threads, im not the one who keeps making the new threads. im just trying to make it easier so you guys dont have to say the same thing every week to a different person.

Sorry, i wasn't getting upset at you, I didn't intend for that to sound that way (but looking at it now i car see where you thought I was upset). I understand where you're comming from. I'll start a F.A.Q. thread in the talk forum tonight (since I can't make a thread sticky in the main forum).