624 horses on the NEW 5.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Jesus, that thing cost as much as my car did! figure if you paid 30k (low end i know) for the car then you pay about a quarter as much more for the supercharger...
but, 624 horse is a lot of pony to play with.

So much for the naysayers that believe the 5.0L TiVCT was "maxxed out" at 412hp. :rlaugh:

Ha, nothing is maxed out when power adders are in the equation.

The warranty kit is 7psi, the 624 kit has no warranty at 9lbs of boost. I bet you start to get into trouble (on pump gas) with more boost because of the 11:1 CR. Still impressive that they warranty a 11:1 supercharged car period.

Interesting how you gain ~100 hp with 7 lbs boost with the first kit, then another 100 with only 2 more lbs. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIInteresting.

Edit: $7K STARTING for a supercharger kit? :crazy: This game gets more expensive every day.

was looking at one of the many mustang mags at the local books a million tonight and it had an article about the new steeda 620Q or whatever they are calling it. bad ass looking car, im sure its in the 50G range though.
New Vehicle Program | Steeda Autosports 45k on top of what the car cost:nonono: thing better out run a ZR1 for that kind of cash.

Edit: $7K STARTING for a supercharger kit? :crazy: This game gets more expensive every day.

True...that's pricey, but then what's it costing your average Joe to make those kinds of power numbers from a base 5.0L OHV or 4.6L SOCH/DOHC engine as it is now.

Heads, cams(s), intake, power adder, fuel system, ignition, stroked and/or forged short block.

....$7,000 is starting to sound like a bargain the more and more I think about it. :D

and thats 7 - 7500 for the kit, that dont include install, unless you do it yourself. car+supercharger kit+ install will probably set ya back close to 50k. If you want to keep your warranty then you will have to have the dealer install it, if not then forget about the warranty on your brand new GT. If im spending that kind of coin id buy something thats going to hold its value a little better than a supercharged mustang, like some land or something.
To me there are better things to spend/invest that kind of money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.