'65 6-cyl 5-speed?

SteelersWheel

Apr 24, 2006
I recently acquired a bone stock 65 coupe with 200 c.i. 6 & 3 speed. Is there a 5-speed that will bolt up? Also, what are my chances of finding any performance parts for this engine (intake, headers, etc.)? Thanks.
Steve (a newbie):shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Do I need the clutch cable kit or just the crossmember? Also, do u have any recommendations as far as the 6 hop-up? (Obviously I'm not power hungry - just looking for a little more oomph)
Thanks much,
Steve

Everything from the bell housing forward stays the same

with the exception of the pilot bearing, which is for a '67 Mustang, and is a bearing instead of a bushing.

You'll need a cross member and a stock transmission mount, an adapter plate, and I highly suggest getting the longer speedo cable. You'll also need the correct speedo gear, and you'll either need to have your driveline modified, or purchase a pre-made driveshaft. It's one easy days work if you have the drive shaft.

Do a search here for "T5 swap", and you should get all kinds of information.

The Ford Six forums will give you all kinds of info on hopping up the six cylinder. When I put the T5z in, the difference was night and day over the three speed. I could get on the freeway a full 10mph faster. My suggestion is wait until after the T5 is in then drive it. If you think you want more power, think seriously about swapping to a V8. It's pretty much even money.

Good luck,

Scott