65-66 CUSTOM MADE FRONT COILOVER SETUP IN PROGRESS

i built the UCA myself using rod ends, clevises, ball joint holders, threaded swedged steel tubes and raw materials. I performed a relocation of the UCA to my desired geometry and used the stock hole spacing a 3.75"

i like the CPP LCAs and a TCP UCA if you were going to just buy stuff.

well i was going to buy cpp lower kit AND top arms but at 300 vs 100 i figured on the howes units but am not sure wich ones i need or wich balljoints to buy from rock auto etc or am i completely missing something here???

i/ we all would be very gratefull if somebody with ,,the knoledge,, could view these websites and advise wich arms/parts/part nos would work:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I think you mean ream the upper mount on the spindal So ther was no angle on the end of the upper control arm at the ball location?.I really have wanted to eliminate the tower and extend the rollcage tubing out to the front end for additional bracing and more room.running and even shorter coilover and mounting to the cage just to do something different.Thanks again for the info Factory Five sells some nice Uppers also as well as some realy cool billet UCA's from Levy Racing ouweee pricey. I beleive ther bought from Kirkem who does top end Aluminum bodied Cobras with billet suspensions.

yes bill ref the uca but i never realized it would meen reaming the spindle?

yes good idea about building front bend with shorter coil overs im no expert but cant se why that wouldnt work provided the mounting points were strong enough and it would meen you could remove the towers for room a bit like a m2 front end but the bracing from cage or bulkhead should provide a firmer platform and it would possibly weigh less as an added bonus

Hey ther 5280 what did the Bump steer work out to be on your setup? Did you end up changing out any of the tie rods or sleevs to get the optimum bump steer?When looking at the RRS strut setup it eliminates or minimises the bump by getting rid of the UCA.All three of the different setups are cool in ther own way.1 with the mount dropped from the upper tower position 2 through it,of corse you 2 guys working out your own has it's own benefits of less cost and pride in acomplishment.ours will be mostly a compitiion car so ride, wheel wells, fender lips are all going to be sacrificed for better track times man am I going to have fun getting my 315 30 18's in the back..yea IE.lets get as low as we can:Track:.I need to make an order soon thanks again for the great posts on this thred.