65 Fastback project

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacCol

Sep 6, 2002
TX
Original San Jose built black on black T-code automatic fastback. The way it is now is pretty much the way I bought it. It was to be a father-son restomod project but my son says he would rather help me restore my car instead.

The car currently has an early 80’s 302/C4 that ran when I bought it but not well. It still has the 6-cylinder suspension under it. The car has a complete interior with all the fastback pieces and good glass. The trap door has the usual speaker modification and the dash has the radio mod as well. I have the complete grill setup and a radiator.

It has original floors, frame rails, truck floors, deck lid, inner front fender panels, driver door, and front sheet metal. The passenger door and both rear quarters were replaced at some point prior to me acquiring the car. The only rust I can find on the car is a small rust through spot on the driver door, where the driver-side firewall meets the floor, and a spot in the driver-side rear truck floor that has been partially cut out with some snips. Everything else appears to be rust free. The trunk floor and door rust could be patched. The front floor rust will be a little more effort but still shouldn’t require a complete panel replacement.

I have plenty of pictures zipped up I can send if interested.

Price is $5500 as it sits or $6500 with a fresh 65 289 2V, a C4 that needs front and rear seals, a complete 8” rear, and Granada front disc setup. The car is located about 60 miles NE of Dallas, TX.

1156727823-Picture_161.jpg

Attachments

• 1156727823-Picture_161.jpg
    1156727823-Picture_161.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Sponsors (?)

UPDATE:

I should have been a bit clearer in my post. I planned to give priority to offers that included the extra parts as my wife will be grateful to have the excess gone. I currently have a very firm offer and will probably have a deposit tonight. I’m posting this info in the event deals fall through. I’m not looking to turn this into an auction. Best and easiest offer gets the car.

Answers to some of the many questions:
- The doors don’t sag when you open them
- I don’t see any rust coming through on the lower door interiors
- The passenger door isn’t aligned that well but that has probably been that way since it was replaced
- I don’t see any evidence of a dented roof or rust in the deck lid or hood (other than surface rust)
- I haven’t removed the back interior or molding around the back glass to see the condition of the metal around the glass. No problems evident from the outside.
- The seats are complete and included but the pax-side needs a new cushion. I can replace pax seat with a better from a 66 parts car if requested.
- I was the one who removed the carpet to curtail any dampness problems.
- To my knowledge (TMK), the car hasn’t been hit in the front and still has the original radiator support and inner fender panels.
- TMK, all the front sheet metal is original. It all has date stamps.
- I don’t know the condition of any of the wiring. The guy started the car when I bought it and that’s the only time any of that has been used since I’ve had the car.
- I planned to rework all the existing mechanics and would suspect the new owner would want to do the same.
- The “fresh” engine has between 2-3K miles on it.
- The gas tank will probably need to be replaced
- I haven’t tested the cowl by running a water hose into it. I suspected some leakage due to the driver floor condition, but didn’t consider the problem extensive because of the limited rust.
- The extra V8 parts don’t include the front suspension. I planned to replace all that anyway.
- I don’t recall if the data plate is still on the car. The car is in storage at a friend’s and is not easily accessible by me at this time.
- I don’t know why both quarters were replaced. I don’t know the quality of the job as the seams are covered, but it’s certainly not concours perfect. I expected to have to improve the repairs some when the body work started.
- I have a clear title, signed by the previous owner

Those are the questions I remember from my email and PMs. If I missed something important, please let me know. If I discover anything to be different than stated or come up with any pertinent additions, I will update the ad.

Hope that helps and sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.