'65 Pony Int: Roll Cage and Seats

D Durden

DEEP FAT FRY
Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
SERIOUSLY looking at caging the inside of my car, and I want to ask the group some things:

* Who has the best cage setup (street driver . . . just looking to save my life in an 'Oh Jeebus' event)?

* Who makes some GOOD aftermarket seats that look cool in a blue/white pony interior that DOESN'T cost $3,000 each.

Thanks fellas!

• Sponsors (?)

Im in the same boat looking to do the same cage/seat setup but need to match red pony interior. To my knowledge the flofits are the only option at around $1500 for the set. They do look sweet. I love my red interior but at times like this black would make life so much easier.

There is no way I would weld my own cage. Floor pans you bet ya, body panels sure. But something I will be betting my life on. I will find someone with cage experience like a race care builder. You can supply them with the pre-bent parts but let them weld it up for you. Just my .02 cents

BullittStangV8 said:
So a universal kit is the way to go? I would think that a 65 specific cage would be best..? Is there one?
Mike

Even if you get a car specific cage, take it from me, it will not suit your exact likes. Take it to someone who has experiance and will bend the tubes and customize it to your / NHRA (if you race) specs.

Tell them exactly where you want it and how you want it so there is no confusion. While mine is perfect for safety and the quality of install is good, I will most likely have it modified to suit my taste.

PS - I think mine was a Chassis Engineering