66 C4 ?

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Paul1981610, May 28, 2014.

  1. My dad has purchased a 66 he's fixing up. It has a 289 with a c4. My question is the console shifter operates backwards from the tranny. After some research I have figured out the tranny must have come from a truck the linkage hook up is a z shaped bracket facing down. I think that I could pull the valve body and flip the bracket but that is not really something I want to do it's been too long since I've messed with a valve body. My dad found a console shifter made for a cable instead of linkage would this work and how would I get a bracket to hold the cable.
  2. You can buy a bracket that bolts on shaft of the transmission ,I believe it is from Lokar . It is adjustable in height and can be set in any position .It's a great trouble shooter for linkage problems . And you do not have to take the transmission apart .
  3. I think you can also get the leaver from Speed Way ,it's been awhile since i bought one, but they are a great help.